Florida beats Tennessee

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DC Vol, Sep 14, 2015.

1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I'm calling it.

Mobile QB? Huge issue for Tennessee and always has been. Especially with Ginger Minger at LB. Harris will also have a field day throwing the ball. Imagine Oklahoma's last 4 drives (2 finished 4thQ and OT) and make that across an entire game.

Best CB tandem in the SEC? Another huge issue. UT's passing game is already anemic... this kills the passing game outright. They'll play Man on the boundaries and shallow zone with their safeties. They'll bring everyone into the box and completely eliminate Tennessee's run game. This was the "beat UT's gimmicky offense" gameplan coined by Mizzou and Vandy last year and will continue to be for any defense worth half a shit. Florida isn't a world beater on Defense but neither was Oklahoma. You dont' have to be when you're playing against a gimmicky MAC offense with a dumbass OC and a stubborn ego-maniac HFC.

Young offensive line with huge depth issues? Only a problem at Tennessee. Wasn't a problem for OU against us on the road in a loud stadium. Their OL won't have the communication and false start issues OU had through the 3rd Quarter. Our OL will have issues communicating and will make a bad situation worse.

Pathetic coaching staff? Tennessee has that in droves.

I'm calling Florida 28 and Tennessee 13.

2. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I can't think of a single piece of evidence that would suggest you're wrong.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I feel sorry for Jumper, I really do.

4. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Kid is trying, but it isn't in him.

Hell, we should feel bad for all our players who won't get the wins they are capable of producing.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Exactly. Which is why half way through the game Saturday I stopped yelling at him. It isn't his fault, it is all on the douchenozzle on the sideline that is getting paid $3mill a year to act like a deer in the headlights.

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Grier's their #1, not Harris and don't let the ECU score full ya' their D is good.

7. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

well... here I was thinking (earlier) that we really ought to beat Florida, but I'm finding the OP to be making a convincing point.

ugh.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Tennessee is intimidated by Florida. And Saturdays loss won't provide any boost in confidence. We're probably ****ed.

9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Grier will get 3 series and probably throw a pick. He'll get pulled for Harris who will drop 250 in the air and another 100 on the ground on us.

I've seen this script before.

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Sad but no argument here.

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Harris came in for Driskel and dispatched us in' 14. Harris started for FL in gm 1 but was soon replaced by Grier (the better qb of Driskel or Harris) and Mc's preference as well to run his O

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is the Tennessee Way. This has happened a hundred times since 2001.

13. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

13 strikes me as a lot of points. I see 28-6.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Florida manhandled a team that got beat by GA State and had to fight with a team that barely beat Towson.

We may likely not win, but sheesh. Breathe people.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Florida 76
    UT 1

We never win another game ever again.

16. CardinalVol

I'll be more impressed if we do that than win the game.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Butch practicing his CFL skills.

18. CardinalVol

Analytics says he needs to practice it for somewhere down the road.

19. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Jones lost to a Florida team that went 4-8 even with a Tennessee win. Jones gets no credit or assumption he's worth half a damn from me.

This game is in their house where Jones won't have 114db helping his defense out. We lost Maggitt and our Offense has shown absolutely no signs of life. It has a history of being shut down by decent-to-good defenses and I have no reason to think Florida won't utterly shut us down in the Swamp.

2014 Florida struggled against Kentucky and got beat much worse than the scoreline indicated against alabama (628 yards against 200). Still beat us in our house.

2013 Florida wasn't impressive against Toledo and then lost to a Miami. Again, that 2013 Florida team went 4-8.

I have, quite literally, no reason to think we beat Florida with this staff. They've had 2 chances against bad Florida teams and have blown both of them. McElwain and his staff aren't great, IMO, but they're better than Muschamp. If Muschamp 2-0s Jones, I have no confidence in Jones beating a better staff than Muschamps.

20. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

And I'll happily eat my crow if Jones takes a young team where 9482% of them have never been on a plane to Florida and a further 14% have never tied their shoes in the state of Florida and then beats a 1st year coach with an awful OL and poor talent offensively who, IMO, loses to Kentucky.