Florida is the CBS Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 14, 2015.

1. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Both have permanent carpet burns from the uncontrollable urge to blow Tebow every chance they got.

2. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

CBS has gone down the shitter as evident airing the Vandy/Georgia game.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

That's a Jefferson Pilot game if I've ever seen one.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Whew, I was afraid it would be a marquee network game that Butch would fold under the pressure of. Disaster averted.

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Given choice of CBS commentator's Vern wins out, imo. He knnows the game inside and out but isn't pretentious, instead he keeps it lite (though he can ramble ... age?) and that's the appeal for me. It's like sittin' in rockin' chairs on the porch w/ gramps talkin' sports

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is age. At some point you just re-use your old shticks because that is what people expect.

OH MY GOODNESS!

7. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I don't mind CBS. Verne and Gary are a little annoying, but in the fall watching the SEC on CBS with those two is nostalgic as hell for me. I guess that's because I'm only mid-thirties.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The only way I would piss on a flaming Verne Lundquist is if I had been drinking lighter fluid.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've never been so ambivalent about a Florida game.

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya

Who's your CBS choice?

11. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

****ing-A.
    I will NEVER forget a UT-UF game, while Tennessee was on offense, and the two of these dolts gushed on and on about what Tebow had for breakfast that morning.

I cannot listen to either of them. I just dislike Kessling. So this is a game I have no choice but to watch on mute!

12. JayVols

I don't know if I could name any of their broadcasters. No, in fact, I know I can't. I just know I'd rather listen to Beth Mowins of ESPN than Verne. He's terrible.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I love Uncle Verne. He is what he is, and it's entertaining to listen to.

14. JayVols

You're a massochist.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Same here except I couldn't actually name this lady either (assuming it's the most common female voice in this role). You a fan, jay?

16. JayVols

Google is my friend.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We lose.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Here's my bold prediction on the Florida game:

1. Butch has felt and heeds the intensity of the masses.

2. He goes to Florida and absolutely empties the gun. Pulls every page out of the playbook. Tries every trick, calls for every imaginative wrinkle.

3. It works. Tennessee wins by 14+ points.

4. Someone asks where that was against OU. Jones leads the orange-colored glasses brigade in shouting them down with chants of "Nega-Vol", gives them a wink, flips a bird, and leaves without answering.

Watch and see. 14+ points at a minimum.

And if he has a 4th and less than 2 anywhere on their side of the field, he's going to go for it - because the odds are back in his favor. If he makes more than he misses, he will spin it as listening to the fans and learning his lesson. If he misses more than he makes, he'll spin it as vindicating the OU call.

Either way, Jones wins. And we lose.

19. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Whoa Nelly! Kieth Jackson, no finer college TV announcer out there

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Balsy.