Football probations and penalties?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Nov 16, 2012.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

S: M:NCAA slaps UT football with additional probation, penalties. More on m.govolsxtra.com as it develops.

What's this about?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Stems from Garza paying for an unofficial visit.

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Garza and Seastrunk. Doesn't appear to be serious.

4. Da'Rick James

Da'Rick James Member

The Willie Mack Garza gift. Its like VD, just keeps on giving.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

two more years of probation, reduction of 4 official visits, evaluation days & complimentary tickets for recruits on unofficials.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Evaluation days has already been completed, and the comped tickets is for the first two SEC games (so Florida)

8. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

2 more years of probation? Wtf. Dude has been gone years.

9. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Its was a very special case!

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I am not an expert by any means, but this seems a little heavy-handed given the timing with respect to the infraction and the results of the infraction.

11. CardinalVol

I think three key words to focus on in the report that are used in the penalties section are the words "current football staff".

Willie Mack done got himself a show-cause too.

This isn't much more than a formal slap on the wrist at all. Not much to be worked up over.

12. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Folks in Eugene, OR don't like where this is headed.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I had the exact same thought.

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

We now know why Kiffin fired Garza abruptly last year.

15. CardinalVol

What are they being accused of again? I know it has something to do with recruiting shenanigans, but I forget what exactly they did.

16. CardinalVol

I'd say that riddle has been solved.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Kelly gave Lyles $25K for "recruiting services" think rivals or whatever. Lyles was sleeping with seastrunk's mom and set up the recruiting trip to oregon with seastrunk and some other recruits (which is completely illegal if he received money from oregon). Kelly wrote Lyles a handwritten note thanking him for "orchastrating everything." Seatrunk soon commited. The NCAA come sniffing around and asks what "recruiting services" Lyles actually provided for Oregon. Kelly then emails Lyles and Lyles puts together a list of recruits names and phone numbers and some video from the prior years class that he provided to LSU and Cal for $5K back when they were actually up to date. he emails this to kelly who then provides it to the ncaa. how anyone could argue this isn't a major recruiting violation is beyond me.

18. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Chapter closed. Sign, date and mail back the acknowledgement and acceptance. Then announce Dools termination. Then announce Jon Gruden's hiring. Finally, the end of the worst 5 years in UT football history is near.

19. CardinalVol

Yeah...............that's not good.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He left due to health issues was the story.