For the statistics folks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DC Vol, Sep 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Can anyone confirm if the statline I've seen floating around about teams with a 13+ point lead going into the 4th Quarter are 183-3 and that Jones has 2 of those losses just in this year?

It seems suspect. I mean... there are a lot of bad coaches out there and the history of college football has certainly known some awful one.

I do know that Jones has blown 2 big 4th Quarter leads and good coaches simply don't do that. If that stat is 100% true it's clearly damning to even the most wool-over-the-eyes fans.

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think it's true because most teams have only played 1 decent team at this point in the season. Once conference schedules begin that stat will change some.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I want to know the amount of penalty yards he's declined compared to other coaches.

4. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I haven't looked at the box score, but someone called in and said receivers combined for three catches for 18 yards. Is that true?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

DC Vol: Fact.

Metta: Sounds about right. Keep in mind most of the reception yards were Dobbs'. And his throws were mostly caught by Kamara and the TE, and he had very few passing yards.