Fulmer’s Letter to Pruitt

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Apr 19, 2018.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

For yins that don’t do the twatter

Tenacious D likes this.
  2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

A video selling a new coach to the fans with "Won't Get Fooled Again" playing in the background is pretty damn funny.

justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

As long as the new boss isn't the same as the old boss.

warhammer and JayVols like this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I felt it was time for a change when Fulmer was fired. It wasnt handled right. And Fulmer is like most in that he was going to fight and defend himself. I never held a grudge. He won the only title ive seen and I'm glad hes back, especially considering where we could have been currently. Stability, basketball rolling and a football coach on the sideline. I'll take it.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

This is close to where I am. It was past time for Fulmer to go when we let him go. I disagree with those people that claim his firing led to us wandering through the wilderness. Our inability to keep from tripping over our needle [Richards] is the reason for that, not firing Fulmer.

A-Smith, JohnnyQuickkick and kptvol like this.
  6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I have strong, strong reservations about us putting Fulmer in power again. Even if Pruitt turns out to be a homerun, I will never be fully comfortable with Phil as AD. I feel like time has made a lot of us forget how badly he bungled things in the 2000s. Had we not been living off the momentum of the 90s (which admittedly was mostly his doing) the 2000-2008 years would have been just as bad as the last ten.

utvol0427 and NYY like this.
  7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Did he ever go winless in the sec or have 8 losses?

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think Fulmer can be a great AD. I had my reservations as well, but only because I thought he would hire himself as HFC. He seems to be beyond that and knows that football makes the hay around here and will do everything he can to make it right again.

At least, that is my hope.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I just want to win again. Don' really care who is involved, so long as we get back to winning.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yup. It ain't rocket surgery. Win or gtfo

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't see Fulmer hanging around much longer. He's go a 4 year contract, football will either be booming or everyone will be fired. I don't see him here in a 2023, he'll either retire a hero or get fired again

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think, internally and privately, he's admitting it was more his fault than he's ever wanted to admit.

I also think he wants to fix it.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He needed a few miracles to avoid that 8 loss mark. He took a dynasty level program and let it trickle down to nothing with lazy recruiting, awful assistant hires, and overall terrible management. He was set up for multiple conference championships - minimum - and instead let Mark Richt run him into the ground. We should have at bare minimum been at a level to where Urban Meyer and Nick Saban had a little difficulty getting their dynasties going. They ran over us like we were Vanderbilt. We may as well have rolled the red carpet out for them.

utvol0427 and kmf600 like this.
  15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I thought the video was well done

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

A little Fulmer heavy (genuinely no pun intended), but it was good.

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Oh, the good ole days

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He finally figured Richt out by the time he was fire

19. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

If that’s true it would make me look at him differently.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Cutcliffe did.

Phil was like 1-6 against him without Cut.