Gary Andersen to Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Sports' started by smokysbark, Dec 19, 2012.

1. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'm not sure how good of a hire this is. Utah St did go 11-2 this year but the competition was not what Wisconsin faces ... although the Big 10 is a f***ing joke these days, save about three teams. It seems a little like what the Vols are facing with Jones. A lot of uncertainty. It also looks like the hire has split the fan base much like the Jones to UT hire has done.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Doesn't seem that bad to me. He did pretty well with limited talent at Utah State. He'll hopefully do the same in Madison.

Seems like he does run more of a spread offense (although I haven't watched the Aggies, much). Not sure how that will mesh with his current personnel.

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

He certainly made an impression on Alvarez. He has been all over the media praising Andersen. I guess it could be to rally the base but it sure seems like genuine excitement from him about this hire.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Fantastic hire. It's hard to imagine a more perfectly Wisconsin hire, actually. Love running the football, in a position that makes it hard to recruit elite talent. Andersen's Utah State team should've been in the Orange Bowl against FSU. They're better than NIU. And I'm sure they impressed Wisconsin fans in a losing effort at Camp Randall.

Looks like the list of hipster candidates have all been hired. Good work, Colorado, Wisconsin, NC State, and Purdue.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

looks like a good hire to me.

6. robvols

robvols Member

What happened to their pursuit of Bevil from the Seattle Seahawks?

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Bad work, Tennessee.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

LOL. What about USF and Taggert?

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Taggart is a nice one that I think will do well, but the tanking at the end of the season kept him off the list of hipster candidates that kidbourbon and a few others and I were discussing towards the beginning of our coaching search. Still think he's a great hire by the Bulls though. I've actually been saying he should go to USF since October. It seems like the perfect stepping stone to a job like Tennessee.

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Love how he came from South Africa. Really inspiring.

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Fantastic hire.