Good Road Game memories

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Brinkley52, Sep 23, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Brinkley52

Brinkley52 The Patterson Prophecies

I am curious to know of some good road games that Tennessee fans have been to....not necessarily the outcome..but more the experience...
    I have been to Knoxville multiple times and have enjoyed the experience each time (with the exception of the monsoon in 2009)...
    I have found fans for the most part, to be nice, intelligent and the atmosphere is always great...look forward to hearing what you all have to say

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

'95 Bama at Birmingham. Manning to Kent for an 80 yard TD on the first play, and UT breaks a 9 game winless streak against the Tide.

All of the other true road games I've seen Tennessee play have been at Vandy or UK, but I think that would rank near the top with any game, any where.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was in Athens for the 06 shootout.

I was in the swamp in 03.

Those have been the most "memorable" roadtrips for me because of the ridiculous fans.

One of the best game atmospheres I've seen is the tOSU vs Michigan game in 2006. That was a fun environment to be in.

4. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I was also at the '97 Manning/Couch shootout in Lexington, but records aside, it didn't hold a candle to '95 @ Bama.

5. Vader

Vader New Member

Miracle at South Bend

6. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

UT/UF 04, SC/Bama 10

Those are the best I have been to.