Gut Feeling

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 27, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2 hours out, starting to get the nervous/anxious/twisting stomach deal going.

Anybody else?

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

They can always hit the 3 ball. We just have to make sure they don't make more than like 8-9 of them.

3. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

Can't lie, I'm nervous about this one. Haven't felt like this about a basketball game in awhile.

4. CardinalVol

Shot 39.8% from three land in the regular seasons. Shooting 46.7% in their first two games of the NCAAT.

Average hitting 8.6 out of 22 attempts per game.

Oh God I'm scared.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  5. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They're going to hit about 8-10 of them no matter what, IMO. The key is going to be whether it takes 20 shots or 30 shots to get them.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

With that photo, Dave Hart has surpassed Bruce Jenner for the top spot on the "Men who look like old lesbians" list.

Congrats, Dave.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

we better be careful they don't backdoor layup us to death, too

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This.

9. Swiftpacegal

Swiftpacegal Member

I think we get blown away, what do I know.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

My "Gut Feeling" may change after this pizza and hot wings.

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

They can't handle us inside, Stokes and Maymon will have their way. Richardson will limit Stauskas. My biggest worry is sorry PG play. If Barton and Thompson can limit TO's while contributing a few plays here and there I like our chances. We start handing the ball over and it might get ugly.

Either way. Ill take the dominating inside game over the three point shot. Every. Single. Time.

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This is a hard one to predict because of all the possible X-factors. I could honestly see a 15-20 point game either way.

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

As would I. Living by the 3 is dangerous in a format where one loss ends your hopes of a championship, no matter how good you are at shooting it. Every shooter has an off night at some point.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yep.
    That couple with their ability (or lack thereof) to hang with us in the paint tells the story.

15. CardinalVol

I'm worried refs start calling it close down low.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

BUNCH OF NEGAVOLS.

We got kids that WANT to be here. We got a great coach that deserves a 10 year contract extension because of recruiting.

VOLS WIN 157 - 42. BOOK IT.

GO VOLS!

I'll hang up and listen.

I honestly think we will keep on keepin on like we have been doing. Vols win, 77-69

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's my biggest concern. If that happens, we lose by 20.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Why would we try? Zones get punished from the high post and on the boards. We should do so.

19. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Vols. Book it.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

That would favor us because we live in the paint and on the offensive boards. Unless by "calling it close" you mean ****ing UT and giving Michigan the game.