Hart

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by RoadTrip, Dec 15, 2012.

1. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

In this morning's KNS there is a quote from Dave Hart in the article "Jones offers 'a new begining'. It reads, "And it means we have to help them. We can't give this coach the same short stick that Derek (Dooley) was handed. We can't do that, and we won't do that."

I already despise the guy. It has moved a notch to rage. **** him and the horse he rode in on.

1) Short stick? How? Where? When? Who? What? Three straight seasons of losing in embarassing fashion on a national stage with unreal turnover in assistant coaches and frickin' player head cases with some of the best facilities and support in America - but you, I, UT, the media, whoever - gave Derek a short stick?!!!

2) "We won't do that." Direct message to those that disagree with the hire and the haters - stick it. I am standing behind my guy no matter what's right and at who's expense for as long as I want. Implied message is I have the support of Cheek and DiPietro. In context with Jones doing PR to win over the big boosters/donors and some trustees per the article.

It is clear acknowledgement that Hart went off the reservation with Cheek and DiPietro's blessing, resulting in great turmoil within the BOT and donor base. Hart feels like he had the winning hand and is using the local media hacks as a weapon in the fight.

I have tried my best not to go off on sunshine pumpers and those that would back UT no matter what. But no more. If I hear or see one person support that asshole AD in my presence there will be a throw down. I will not waste my time on those that will bait or troll on here.

What say you The 8th?

2. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Interesting!

3. robvols

robvols Member

Begging for support is just going to alienate more fans that they may just stop supporting the university altogether.

4. robvols

robvols Member

It should be applied to the coach too.

Supporting new coach=support for Hart/Cheek.

5. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

They're going to have to get rid of Hart within the next 3-4 years

6. robvols

robvols Member

How about now?

7. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Now is fine, however it'll be time for a coaching search in 3-4 years

8. robvols

robvols Member

How about 2? One if remotely possible.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

**** Dave Hart and **** Jimmy Cheek.

10. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Fire him whenever is fine w/ me. However to me it doesn't matter at this point because we have to live w/ CBJ for 3-4 years. However I want Hart out by the time it comes to the decision to get rid of CBJ and find a new coach

11. banjoman24

banjoman24 New Member

Sounds like Hart is experiencing some backlash at the way things went down. If boosters feel the need to pull their support, it's their money. They can do what they want. I hope they continue to give Hart a hard time. Hart begging for support really shows what a s**t hire this was. Things are going to have to change in the offices before we will get back to being a powerhouse like we once were.

12. robvols

robvols Member

How about the whole stable of baboons out? Put all with Tennessee blood in there and fix this shit up.

13. banjoman24

banjoman24 New Member

The Tennessee blood won't even come back right now. Tee Martin, prime example.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'll go with this one.

15. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Hart is an incompetent ego maniacal delusional a$$ hole. I will not support any product that Dave Hart puts out. I hate it for all the student athletes that have to suffer under his "leadership" or lack thereof but it is what it is. Not supporting the product is the only voice fans without millions of dollars have.

edit: One more thought. I thought UT would never see another AD that would rival the incompetency of Mike Hamilton, but by God they went out and found one. We are UT, and we are fooking fooked.

16. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

We are watching the dismantling of what took over 100 years to build. The people charged with making sure that did not happen, the BOT and state politicians, have failed the entire Vol nation. All of it at the hands of Gators, Bammers, etc. Then they have the audacity to tell you that you have to support it. KMA.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Give our state political leaders some credit. They were busy passing laws like The Gateway to Sexual Activity Act. We all know that keeping teenagers from holding hands and making adults financially responsible for not stopping such deviant acts is a higher priority than oversight of the state's higher education flagship.

Our state politicians are too busy legislating morality to do their actual jobs.

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I would pay to watch someone beat the shit out of Hart with a short stick.

19. robvols

robvols Member

Effects of the screwjob, IMO.

20. robvols

robvols Member

Ringside seats for this one. Don't forget that Gator ucker.