Helm, Hendrix, and Scott Officially Leaving

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by yont sum iss?, Dec 14, 2014.

1. powert2523

powert2523 New Member

So did this actually happen? Or is this just a rumor from a sports talk caller?

2. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

I imagine the source Tony has on this is about the same as the one that told him Braxton Miller was coming to Tennessee.

You can only do so much from your basement before you have to start making stuff up so people will listen with the expectation of drama.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Other people had indicated there were some back channel inquiries, at least from Tennessee to Miller. I'm sure that was what he was referencing. Did he actually say Miller was coming, or are you being dramatic (serious question)?

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

People like to make Basilio out to have said more than he actually did, which is unfortunate because he's about the only guy around here who isn't a company mouthpiece.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Jaylen Miller is gone. More room is opening up.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That guy was never healthy. I honestly thought he was already gone

7. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

I had to look him up. he had 3 tackled in 2 years.

8. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

I remember reading that Dooley planned to give a scholarship to a recruit from his high school every year. Like it didn't even matter if they had the talent to be at Tennessee. Which neither of them did (Posey & Watson), and didn't last here. I figure it was just another way to fill a spot, so he could hurry up and get this "recruiting bullshit" over with.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  9. Vol2424

Vol2424 Contributor

Payne is gone too.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That sucks, but he was another that was behind a freshman

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Thought Payne would develop nicely.

12. tripper

tripper Member

I think we have lost 14 of our 53 recruits from our last two classes. Seven of those recruits are 4 star kids. I understand attrition happens but it's concerning that it is happening at such a high rate with the underclassmen and there is some pretty good talent leaving.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

You can either sell winning or playing time and some guys get neither.

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Not concerned at all.

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Kind of where I'm at as well.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

It's not good to litter the countryside with 4-star defectors.

17. tripper

tripper Member

I'm concerned a bit. The attrition is not yet done for the '13 and '14 classes. We have lost some talented players. We have depth issues at QB, RB, OL, CB, DL and LB. And, I was told two weeks ago that we will not get Phillips and most likely not Ugo. Martin I cannot say with certainity, but it does not look good. I have been wrong many times and will continue to be in the future but these are my concerns. Not to metion the verdict is still out on this coaching staff.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

That's exactly who I would expect to leave if they weren't playing. It's easy to keep a John Propst, those kind of players are just happy to be on the team.

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He was a freshman last year.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No shit. He was also behind Moseley, a freshman, on the depth chart.