Herschel.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Sep 6, 2011.

1. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Seems to be a part of an "SEC Storied" series. I'm not sure without looking it up, but looks like this may be a weekly feature. General Neyland was among the guys showed the previews, perhaps there will be one about hm down the road.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think there's going to be 4 of them

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Four part series. Next one is on the first SEC Championship game. Not sure what the other two will be. Neyland would be a great one.

4. CD12

CD12 Member

Seeing Herschel made me wonder why no one goes over the top anymore at the goal line. UT had some leapers back in the day as well. Funny you mention Dupree, hat. I watched a special on him a while back. It was a great story but very sad.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's one of my favorite highlights from a running back ever.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

[video=youtube;PSsgbMpD_fw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSsgbMpD_fw[/video]

7. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I wonder which personality it was that beat the shizz out of that guy?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Travis Henry bouncing off his head like a pogo stick against Vandy comes to mind

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Vercy's rants on Munson are great.

By the time I got to listen to Munson, he was going downhill. He was great at making you hate all things UGA if you were not a UGA fan.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the highlights they showed were unbelievable. dooley ever win anything without hershel?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not really

12. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

3 SEC championships in 21 seasons without Walker, 3 SEC championships in 3 seasons with Walker.

Georgia was co-champion with Alabama in 1981 as they both went 6-0 in conference play.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Walker was just a monster, but the SEC titles weren't much then. You basically had to beat AL.