POLITICS Homophobic Assholes in TN

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by gcbvol, Oct 22, 2019.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Sounds like a NYY motto

Welcome back

gcbvol likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like anyone who grew up in east Tennessee outside of the shadow of the cities is unsurprised by more than a few approving.

It is a different view of life, entirely. I can't imagine how awful they would be if they weren't pretending to emulate Christ. Might be the only civilizing influence holding them back from going full Mad Max.

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Not surprised, just disappointed. I'm hyper critical of this stuff in Tennessee because I love the place. There are tons of great people there, but crappy to see this stuff from my youth persisting. As Uni said it's the crowd reaction which is most disturbing. Dolly would not approve.

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Servier Co. ladies and gentlemen.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Sevier Co relies almost entirely on the tourism industry and you’d think he would have considered something like that before excluding a portion of the population.

Since he’s posted about on social media, I will share that his nephew is a friend of mine. He’s also openly gay.

6. CardinalVol

You don't venture over to PF and G'burg much do you? Will blow over and not make a noticeable dent in the average tourist there.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It’s a shame. And to me the most disgusting was the rousing applause.

I’ve been known to say some off-color things about homosexuals, too. But i always cite my friendship with gcb. So it’s always okay.
    Glad you’re back, buddy. It’s your turn to service Tenny. My shoulder is killing me.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t think I said that merchants should start preparing to board up their shops.

Just that a politician in that area needs to consider something like that.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think it's a problem in just the eastern part of the state

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

Googled his address off the Sevier Co commission page. I would be more surprised if he said the opposite based on location.

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Hey! I'm a get out of gay jail free card. Love it! And I hear you, holding tweezers while working is surprisingly hard on the shoulder.

NYY likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

or this state, or this country or just this trait. I hear yuh.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Welcome back, I guess?

NorrisAlan, gcbvol and IP like this.
  14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'd rather these people openly identify themselves as such. Makes it easier for everyone else to avoid and ridicule them if they so choose.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I said public because it’s not surprising to me that two people could get together and share these views. But to have a room full of people offer laughter and applause is beyond me. Clearly those that disagree were probably there and stayed quiet. But the beyond me is that any room outside of a country church wouldn’t have more folks that find it unacceptable than find it acceptable.

But I get what you’re saying.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Contact info for the jackass? Wouldnt mind verbally lighting him up.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Homophobic assholes is a great double-entendre.