How Long Does Butch Get ?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Nov 29, 2014.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He was a pastry.

2. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

If he had a competent OC, he could tear it up at UF.

3. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Lyle's contract will be the deciding factor, IMO. I wouldn't doubt for a second that he did not accept the job until he got assurances that he would be given a four year cushion to get the job done. He'll be here for four years, minimum. His buyout is 3 million until Feb/March 2016...which, IMO, means he'll get until the end of the 2016 season.

There are a few coaches that I'll be keeping tabs on over the next couple of seasons, just in case:

Chad Morris
    Jim McElwain
    Justin Fuente

Chances are Fuente and McElwain move on to bigger and better places before we have a vacancy (not that it's predestined or anything but, never hurts to be ready) but I am intrigued to see how well Morris does at SMU.

4. g8terh8ter_eric

Maybe so, but if Nebraska thinks they will hire a more successful coach than Pelini has been to this point, they should probably pull Tom Osborne's old crusty **** out of their ass as realize its not the 90s anymore. If there is one fanbase that may be more out of touch with where they are and what they have to work with, you will be hard pressed to find one more out there than Nebraska.

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Rumor mill says Golden to Nebraska

Wishful thinking by Canes fans

6. g8terh8ter_eric

Firing a Pelini for a guy that's career .500 would be genius.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Offense wasn't an issue this year.

He's not been at a talent disadvantage at NU, comparatively.

8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Check the AD

9. g8terh8ter_eric

I was thinking at more of a defensive recruiting standpoint. I was just saying if he hired a good OC and stayed out of his way, and concentrated on his defense, they would be scary good.

10. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

9 wins a year sounds good until you ONLY win 9 games a year. My fiance is a Nebraska fan and I mean her family is season ticket holding, Husker worshipping FANS! The reality is that if he won a Big 10 championship once every 4 years AND didn't rant on the fans, he would not have been fired.

It's time to stop saying that these big name programs are wrong for not wanting a championship sometimes. Pelini wasn't fired for his record. He was fired for not ever winning a championship. And being an ******* on secret camera.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Butch will not be fired next year unless he wins less than 5. If he wins 5 or 6, a little hotseat. 7 or more wins and he gets a statue.