How we finish.

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by GahLee, Jan 23, 2013.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Really?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is the potential class ranking, in a best-case scenario?

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Best case scenario? Top 10
    Realistic? Top 15

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes

5. GahLee

Top 10, 5th in the SEC.

6. GahLee

Haven't heard that story. Don't follow recruiting that closely. Is there a link for this story.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We land who I listed, top ten.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

9. GahLee

At any rate, that's the first I've heard of an in-home visit turning into a merk session. Was he playing the whole time? If so, that's probably not good news.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I agree with you Montrell, except I don't think we get Bellamy and North is a possibility.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

would be a haul. Add Levenberry and it's a mother lode.

12. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Seriously, recent history is close but no cigar. I give Jones credit for his energy and every indication is that he throws a good OV Party. And, I am very encouraged by who he is going after. He is taking some shots at blue chippers while Dooley...well...Dooley is the Tennessee equivalent of Munson if you have ever seen Kingpin.

Anyway, I like the enthusiastic predictions but after scouring and soul searching, I would be quite happy with a 15-20 class and I would not expect better. We may even sign short, 21 or 22 making it look worse. The key is to pick up a couple of contributors. In all seriousness North and Green are real long shots. Miller, Ford, and Bell are the best I can hope for. But if we just get a handful of contributors and one difference maker, that is key. Vonn Bell is our Neo. He is the one guy that has the potential to make an immediate impact. Dooley coached players down. And Sal stupified our defense. Look at the impact freshman Eric Berry and Jansen Jackson made. Vonn is that guy. I don't see anyone else but Lawson realistically impacting 2013. Get Bell! He can improve our defense a lot with just a handful of plays and impact 2013 significantly. Jones needs a good season in 2013 to get our recruiting back to where it needs to be. Until we win, no Top 10's. If he pulls that off, name a street.

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

What the hell happened with North? Last week he was ready to commit.

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think North is a silent. Should announce soon IMO

15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Yea that's pretty much what I think as well and would be satisfied with. That puts me in the position to be thrilled if we get anything more than that versus disappointed. I'm tired of being disappointed by the football program.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If he has waited this long he'll probably wait until NSD.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Agree. My original stance was not to judge him based on this years recruiting class but I would be very impressed if he pulled that off. I still won't be excited until I see results on the field and I sure as hell won't give credit to Hart or Cheek if he somehow does well.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

North has never been a long shot. Tennessee has been up there with him for a long time

19. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Based on the tweets I have seen from Bellamy while on his UGA official, I doubt he is coming here....One was in reference to Grantham telling him he is the #1 prospect in the country at his position, however I think they waited a long time to offer him..lol