Hypothetical Question

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, Nov 6, 2022.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

15 in a row.

that streak HAD to be snapped, at any cost. I was almost certain it would go to 20.

No chance I’d trade that.

Poppa T, Memtownvol, SetVol13 and 3 others like this.
  2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Being in the stadium for that game, the only two things I'd take over that experience are the days my boys were born. Those days are 1a and 1b, the Bama game is number 2.

3. tn_longrifles

tn_longrifles Member

We do not know the future. So No I would not trade. What I do know is that it is likely that Bama will NOT make the playoffs in part because they lost at Neyland. Part of being a VOL fan for me is hating Bama and always pulling against them. They are cheaters from the Bryant era forward. The season was made with that win regardless of what happens going forward. And if Saban retires this year I think it would be because of missing the playoffs. With 2 losses it will be hard for Bama to back into the playoffs like they have a few times in the past.

Huepel is hopefully building a program and not a one off team.

Win out and I think things will take care of themselves.

Lastly, tOSU and Mich have to play each other and lets hope the loser gets blown out. Texas meets TCU. Go Horns

IP likes this.
  4. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

No way I trade that win. The extended coverage post game? That was massive pub. And we had beaten GA a few times since Bama.

Now maybe you are trying to suggest the outcome for a post season. I get it. But I wouldn’t give up that Bama win. You can find me at the corner of Norfolk and Way

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Never

Poppa T likes this.
  6. TDVol1989

Sometimes you just have to do A before B. Beating Bama was sweet. If we somehow made the playoff now and did Beat GA in the playoff, we would have beaten every team on our schedule. And if we miss the playoff so be it. But that win solidified our return. Imagine Saban retiring without ever beating him there. Heck no

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Everyone seems pretty well aligned that they wouldn't trade it for the UGA win and "chance" at beating Bama in the SEC championship.

It sounds like guaranteeing the win over Bama in the SEC championship may not even change it for a lot of you. That's interesting.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It was the happiest win of my life and I've been watching since before the Miracle at South Bend.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So you wouldn't trade it for a win and Athens and a guaranteed SEC Championship victory over Bama? (No playoff guarantees other than we'd go, obviously).

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, happier than the National Championship win says a lot about how much we hate Alabama lol

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think I'd trade it for that, but it's not a slam dunk.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not counting unhatched chickens

13. TDVol1989

I wonder if Johnny would have chosen a Natty at TN having to sacrifice his win over Bear? I don’t think so.

It isn’t that an SEC Championship doesn’t matter. But I was a FR in 85. We barely beat Bama but at a high cost. T-Tob’s knee. I was new to the rivalry and had no idea how hard those wins would be to get. but I watched year after year of getting manhandled by them. It took dang near a decade to beat them again.

And I don’t care what the modern records say. Bama and Tenn defines SEC football.

2001 produced the most painful loss in my Tenn fandom. But we beat Spurrier at UF. I would have hated to not do that.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, great point. We knocked them out of both.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

upload_2022-11-6_23-49-24.png