I want CFB Chaos this weekend....

Discussion in 'Sports' started by DownNDirty, Dec 3, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Do you not see the difference between the following two statements:
    1) Tennessee can't beat Florida. They've just got our number.
    2) Greg Norman has nerves of Balsa Wood. He chokes all the time.

Do you see why one is completely legit, and the other is nonsense?

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Finally...somebody gets me.

Why did it take this long? Have my writing skills regressed or something? Am I no longer communicating effectively?

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it certainly seems that some teams play below their talent level against certain opponents year after year. I agree that can change with time, but I don't think it's impossible that an opponent gets in a coaches head and he coaches tight because of it. it's human nature to adjust your behavior based on past experiences. and you don't always adjust it in the right direction. like you went for a td on 3rd down going for the win and threw an int and next time you decide to run it up the middle and kick a field goal and send it to overtime.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

er
    I usually get you, just don't always agree, and I see no point in engaging in a debate.

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Ducks duck

I like it

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

it's just a bad long term argument. If the coaches didn't change, it's likely about them. If they're getting too tight and it's translating to the field, then they are simply being outcoached. The players being tight is the part that would change over time.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I can agree with that. I do think a team takes on the attitude of the coach though.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'll be a bit surprised if Oregon doesn't win big tonight.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

chip Kelly recruited at a far higher level than stoops and Oregon is a lot healthier than they were the last two times they met.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Did someone specifically say "players"? Because Phil got a damn ring at the end of the '98 season. He was a pretty freaking integral part of the team. As for the players changing, what's the turnover? 25 or 30 out of 100 every year? It's not like some of the guys don't stick around and continue to have an issue in another season. Like if Worley had been sacked 47 times against UF one year, I think that might get in his head the following season. And I don't know where you are going with this stuff about the advantage being the same now as it was when Phil was here. Obviously it's different. Did anyone claim otherwise? But I think players do become aware that their school hasn't beaten this school in 45 years, thus a tight game in the fourth is a little more tense than it might normally be.

UT is comprised mostly of guys that have two consecutive losses to Vandy under their belts. It's not unfathomable that they might not whole-heartedly believe they can win against UF. That would be the current psychological advantage the Gators could enjoy over UT.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Back on topic, go 'Zona

12. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No chaos for Oregon. They're in for sure.

14. OrangeEmpire

Need Georgia Tech to win

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Absolutely. I can't stand this Florida State team

16. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Give credit where credit is due.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If erbody wins, do the Top 4 stay the top 4?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't see them changing, unless Baylor hangs a hundred on K State

19. OrangeEmpire

Depends on how much value is placed on a win against Kansas State.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Which is BS.