If I did it- how I would set up a new NCAA14 dynasty

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by IP, Nov 3, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The players so far:

IP, aka Shout n Pout
    Duckman, aka Bounce
    VB, aka Dream-Eater

Now out:
    Govols182, aka Drama Llama

No custom playbooks.

No coach's progression.

2 conferences with minimum team shuffling

No more than 8 players guaranteed quality teams. No more than 12 total.

No firing, but changing teams is allowed at the discretion of the commish.

No cutting new recruits (a committed player must be on your roster for one year if you sign them).

hybrid scheduled advances (example: Hard advances every Sunday night at midnight EST and Thursday at midnight EST, or if all activities are completed. No hard advances without there being at least 3 days since the last. In other words, if we advanced on Saturday morning, there will be no hard advancement until Thursday at Midnight. When every gets their stuff in or Thursday, whichever comes first). By having a strict formula, it will hopefully lead to no confusion and less special "wait! my grandma died!" situations.

Team selection would be as follows:

1) players would each cast two votes for the conferences we will use (example: Volfreak votes SEC and Pac12, Luna votes Big 12 and Pac12, Limpleg votes SEC and Big 10. We would go with the SEC and Pac12, as they had the most votes.)
    2) any special concerns about the number of quality teams in each conference can then be addressed. Ideally we want to have 4-5 quality teams in each conference. Note that this is done before teams are selected.
    3) Each player submits 3 teams in which they'd like to have. There is no order or weight to these 3. Any team that is only listed by one person will automatically be assigned to that person. If a team is selected by only two people, they may have me flip a coin for them or they can play an NCAA game for it.
    4) The remaining players will be asked to once again make a list of 3 remaining teams (as the losers of the coin toss in step 3 will now only have 2 teams available on their original list, and other players may strategically wish to avoid/get in to a division now knowing a few players' teams). Step 3 will be repeated, though I do not anticipate there suddenly being a new occasion where only one person wants a particular team.
    5) Each player will be assigned a number, 1-x, x being the number of total players left without a team. A random number generator will will be used to select who gets the next pick. A selected person must choose from their 3 team list until that list is exhausted. Teams may be traded/picks "passed" at any time.

In all things, I would retain complete sovereign power over the dynasty in the style of a benevolent dictatorship.

Would anyone be hypothetically interested in such an endeavor?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not if Luna, Limp, and Freak are playing.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm hypothetically interested if:

1. I'm invited.

2. I can find the game for a decently cheap price.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

This thread is not so subtly made for seeing who would want to play.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You are invited, Indy. Note that I made no comments about cheese.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The "no custom playbooks" rule takes care of a lot, iyam.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Is this a discussion thread for the OJ book?

[​IMG]

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'd be interested if I can find a cheap game.

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, that was the homage.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm in if someone buys me a 360 and a copy of the game.

12. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I am interested if we can get a decent group going.

13. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Must be however their algorithm for used pricing is set up.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

We will never have a potential pool of players unless folks start being more committal. I am in. Anyone else?

15. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm in.

16. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's 3.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I got the game for pretty cheap a few months ago and have XBL until maybe December. I'm probably trash at it though.

19. VB

VB Member

I'll play. I have to be in Harry's division though.

20. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain