I'm calling it now

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Oct 28, 2014.

1. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

Jalen Hurd busts loose against SCe this Saturday. 150+ yards and 2 TDs.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I heard on Swain's show this morning that Jr is giving up an average of 208 yards per game on the ground, 5.8 yards a carry.

Which leads me to fear we will chuck it down field 55 times.

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I don't think that's a stretch when the QB is actually a threat to keep.

4. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

They're bad. Like 2012 Tennessee bad. They're also in the first year of a switch to the 3-4, just like Dooley tried with Sunseri.

5. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Still don't understand why in the hell we switched to the 3-4. Our defense has only gotten worse. I feel like we need a new DC.

6. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

Ill never understand why a coach would try to just switch up to the 3-4 in one season when they've got 4-3 personnel. I've seen this many times and it's always a disaster in the first year. You would think that they would recruit for the scheme over the course of a couple of years and slowly try to implement more and more of the concepts gradually over time.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I honestly wish we would use him more like a certain unnamed coach and his predecessor did with Charlie Garner in Oakland. If he had 90 yards rushing and 75 yards receiving, I'd be happy.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Spurrier has the kind of job stability to do it, though.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Spot on

10. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Ward said (I think) before the year that we didn't have the personnel to continue with the 4-2-5, which is why he was transitioning to a 3-4. Doing this in a year in which our defense took so many hits was such a terrible idea on so many levels.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Butch could be 2-0 against what will be the most winning coach in SEC history. Is such a thing possible?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Works on xbox.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

If that's the case, Dobbs should have no more than 12-15 pass attempts for the game. Run, keep SCar's offense on the sideline, and milk the clock.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No no no no no no . Don't you understand? Bajajay knows they are horrible at running. Jr knows Bajay knows this. Bajajay knows Jr knows he knows they know he knows. Thus, he must not give in and must pass it 55 times to catch them off guard.

Unless...they know bajajay knows they know he knows they know about knowing they know he knows they know.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It would be killer if the Vols came out in something like the flexbone and had SCar all kinds of confused.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maryland I.

17. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

0-2 against Muschamp
    2-0 against Spurrier

[​IMG]

18. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

See, bajayjay knows all of this and he's 2 steps ahead.

70 snaps out of the wildcat. 55 pass attempts from Hurd and Pig. Dobbs lines up as a WR in all of them.

[​IMG]

SCAR will never see it coming.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ha

20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He still has a long way to go to catch Bear. I doubt he stays long enough to do it.

He even said before the season, "Had I wanted to break that record, I would've stayed at Florida."