POLITICS Impeachment. Let’s talk.

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Savage Orange, May 30, 2019.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Now that Mueller has Meuller’d... what now? The drums are beating at a fever pitch to start the proceedings but is anyone convinced that it would be anything other than political theater? I’m not convinced at all that anything of substance would be the end result of an impeachment and it would only serve to placate the rabid partisans on the left. Certainly it would be harmful to Trump and throw gas on the campaigns of folks seeking to oust him in 2020 but on the other hand, Trump has proven very adept at turning these sort of things into a positive for himself among his base....

What do you guys (and dolls?) think?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Or it could mobilize his base and others and win him 2020.

And it will dead end at the Senate anyway, so unless there is some real reason to Impeach and use it as some kind of censure, then it will ultimately have no real purpose.

3. Savage Orange

It could go either way... either it will insure 4 more years because Trump played the victim card with his usual flair or something will come out in the hearings that blows up his presidency... or, what I think the most likely outcome of this would be is nothing but grandstanding and bluster with Trump emerging neither better or worse off either way. I think Pelosi knows this and is smart enough to avoid the whole show knowing that the chances of the Democrats coming off as desperate partisans isn’t worth the risk of impeaching Trump just for show.

All of this is provided that it even gets past Senate, which it won’t... even the most hardcore partisans have to know that but want to be on the “correct” side by hollering for something they know isn’t going to happen.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I’m not even sure what the smartest play is here. There are people on both sides who seem giddy about it, knowing full well he won’t be removed from office.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I would make reading the FULL report a prerequisite. I mean really reading it, whether, you are a member of Congress or an ordinary citizen. I could give 2 shits what those people think that get their Cliff Notes from their respective tribes.

Read the [uck fay]ing report. It's not that hard.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm good thanks

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Yeah, I'll pass as well.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Impeach; please, pretty please. I can't wait to watch that shit show.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I can wait. I have no desire to see my country put through a shit show like this. I get zero pleasure out of it.

kmf600, Savage Orange and Ssmiff like this.
  10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Members of Congress certainly should. No chance the average citizen would.

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Unfortunately, this is the reality. Reading is hard, people are lazy.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The politicians rarely read anything. Their staff do all the work. Politicians are too busy taking pictures with constituents and getting reelected

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

it was funny having read most of it and seeing people on here posting confidently of its findings who clearly hadn't. well, kinda funny.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

impeach him for what.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The House should immediately initiate impeachment proceedings against President Trump.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Getting 20+ republicans to flip over nothing and vote for impeachment sounds like a solid plan.

17. Tenacious D

Depends on the aim and purpose of your plan, I suppose.

18. Savage Orange

If they’re gonna do it, do it and get it over with so we can move on to the next investigation... you KNOW there is going to be another one...

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think the House has abdicated so much of its authority to the White House that they don’t have to defend the institution by considering impeachment. It’s already fully a shit show.

So, now we have the question of whether to begin impeachment on this. In my opinion had there been some level of collusion conclusively proven, then the question of the president’s obstruction would warrant impeachment inquiry.

However, given the situation we are actually in I think that you say given the timing that you’ll turn this over to the American people. Do you want a guy like this in office or not?

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  20. Tenacious D

BOOOOO!!!