Interesting Changes in Baseball...

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by NYY, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

So close minded because I acknowledge baseball players can be fat and excel in the sport and our best athletes don't gravitate towards baseball anymore. Sorry you feel I'm attacking your sport - but facts are facts. Not my fault, sir.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

No close minded with everything else. We've all read your idiocy. You just continue to show it with each and every post outside of the gamer forum.

And I still stand by the fact that the greatest compliment the game of baseball can get is the fact and ignorant piece of shit like you hated it.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Rigggggght - because I post so much outside the dynasty thread. You just fail man. You eat fail for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Butthurt.

Your favorite sport just sucks ass. Face the music. Accept. Grieve. And start the road to recovery.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

How [dadgum]ed old are you? 12?

5. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Many good baseball players can dribble, shoot, dunk, catch a football, make a move, tackle, throw a football. Not as many football and basketball players can run the bases like a gazelle, run down a fly ball, throw 90 mph, hit a fastball/curveball/change/slider, get the angle and bounce on a ground ball and layout, only to make a throw from a knee or falling, etc, or even catch a hard throw from ss.
    Every sport has the less athletic guys, like Peyton Manning. How is it a non athlete like Peyton is considered one of the best of all time at his position at the highest level? The argument is ridiculous.
    And Mike Trout says put him against anyone and see who the best athlete is. My guess is someone hasn't been on a baseball field in awhile and doesn't realize how big and in shape 75% of the players are.

6. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Basically you just listed (for the most part specific skill sets that are only developed through practice and playing the game and have little to do with pure athleticism. Just like in kicking or throwing, shooting, blocking techniques or route running in football, basketball and soccer.

You act as if I said ALL baseball players are unathletic. A majority are obviously greater athletes than all of the average joes out there like you and me. But to pretend the average NFL CB or WR wouldn't smoke the average baserunner in baseball is ludicrous. Or that the average baseball player could out jump a basketball player. Our. Best. Athletes. Do. Not. Play. Baseball. Period. If they did - then we would see much larger portion of blacks in the sport like we see in the NFL and NBA. Go read the countless articles on how the younger African American youth do not gravitate to the sport anymore and focus on baseball and football. You guys are acting like I'm the first one to bring this up.

Then you have shit like designated hitters and pitch runners that speak for themselves.

But now I await the part where someone claims its racist or ridiculous to assume black people are better athletes than whites on average - even though the staggering statistics in the NFL, track and the NBA support this. And a lot of the great athletes are from Central America.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  7. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

there aren't more black kids playing baseball due to the lack of funds and community support and interest in predominantly black neighborhoods. I spent 2 years trying to get a league going at predominantly black schools, so I am familiar with specific reasons.

In regards to skills, athleticism, practice, etc, that's how all athletic abilities and skills are developed in every sport.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I didn't realize Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Dee Gordon, Matt Harvey and Jason Kipnis were from Central America.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

African Americans do not play the game as much because of lack of funding in inner cities. Although MLB has finally realized this and has made a concerted effort to change that.

And it's painfully obvious you haven't spent much time around the game, yet you still try to pretend you have the first damned clue. And you wonder why you're the laughingstock of multiple message boards.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yea but what about the black people?

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

How is that any different than a Mike Miller camping out at the 3 point line or a defensive substitution between positions in basketball?

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Mickey Mantle ran from home to first in 3.1 seconds. 3.1 seconds.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Well, I did list Dee Gordon. lol

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He must not have that extra muscle.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

cuz somebody told him there was beer there

16. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

If you can't see the difference then you're blind.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

why the hell would you use an unathletic fatass as a pinch runner? maybe dusty baker.

18. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Does it matter why they don't play it? Point is they don't and they are generally the better athletes across the board and they are in football and baseball.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Not really, a pinch runner is strategy just like replacing a guy on a defensive possession in basketball. A DH does one thing well, they hit, a 3 point shooter that camps out in the corner does one thing well.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

You missed the point.