Is Currie Waiting?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Oct 24, 2017.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

His contract says he is supposed to attempt to secure a position as Assistant Head Coach, Head Coach, or Athletics Director to get the buyout.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

He'd make a good AD for someone.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And he has attempted. But everyone has laughed at him and told him to gtfo

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Michigan was going to sign him, but had to settle for the disappointment they have now

bostonvol likes this.
  5. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

He would be a fantastic long-term head coach at some mid level school with none of the expectations Tennessee has.

6. NorrisAlan

I don't think he would be. His recruiting was meh before he got here and Tennessee recruits itself. His offense blows donkey nuts and his lying and narcissism would get him run after 3-5 years.

imho

7. Ruckus

Ruckus New Member

I was just saying that those things don't matter at a school that doesn't really care. Go 6-6 to 8-4 each year against mid level competition, don't embarrass the school publicly, etc. He'd fit in well somewhere like that IMO.

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I don't see it. He was exposed here. He can't coach and he can't develop talent. Doesn't matter how well you recruit, if you can't coach you won't succeed. If he doesn't recruit well that won't work either because he can't develop anyone.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I think he'd be a pretty decent 3 year building coach at a suck ass power 5 or decent lower level 1a school, like he was at Cincy or CMU.

Maybe we can put him on the bus to Hattiesburg when So Miss leaves town. I think that'd be perfect.

10. cotton

Also, I just looked at So Miss' ESPN page. I now feel leery that they will beat our ass.

11. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

They will

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Jones can’t be anywhere, even a low level school, more than 3-4 years. He’s a lying fraud that can’t maintain the coverup longer than that.

JayVols likes this.
  13. cotton

It kinda works for a while, though, so long as you define "works" as building excitement and making things seem like they are getting better.

The problem comes when it is time to actually coach football, and nobody wants to hear about momentum and enthusiasm, and he doesn't know how to coach football. That's when it's time to hand over the reins and get the hell out of Dodge.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’m not sure how that plan moves forward from here, though. Hard enough to imagine him getting another HC. Then, in three years he’s going to get a new job based on accomplishments he basically imagined?

15. cotton

Yeah, that's the flaw in the plan.

I guess he just goes back to the MAC and starts again.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I think he'll find a place somewhere. Some AD is going to say he didn't get a fair deal, Tennessee didn't give him time, he has too high expectations going in. I mean, my dad still thinks we should keep him. I told my dad, you better not end up in an emergency room somewhere with a Dr asking me if we should pull the plug.

17. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I’d say as a butch fan he’s got plenty of respiratory resiliencey.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

They were favored last time I looked.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Forced my poor mother to watch the entirety of the game last week. She no longer argues he should be kept.

20. NorrisAlan

Would you have the pillow on your dad's face while the doc is asking you if you want to pull the plug?