Is it bad

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, May 31, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

that I watch this about once a month?

[video=youtube;J1L_6onikug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1L_6onikug[/video]

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Bookmarked

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not at all.

What's bad is that game is the only sliver of hope Vol fans have had in far too long.

4. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I watch this one from time to time as well.

[video=youtube;HQvf_EQEW4w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQvf_EQEW4w[/video]

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[video=youtube;aPnKevimi34]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPnKevimi34[/video]

Was sitting in the father-in-law's house watching this. Still brings a big smile to my face.

6. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

On of my favorite plays in the '95 TN-Bama game happens at 20:40 when Little blasted Burgdorf.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

One of my favs is Tori Noel destroying Shaun Alexander in '97.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Wouldn't even be bad if you watched it once a week.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

it isn't inaccurate to say that USCe and Spurrier didn't have very good days, but we played pretty dad gum well with what we had. Good win.

10. JayVols

The 1/1/97 Citrus Bowl (from the '96 season) is one of my personal faves.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Jay I knew you were one of my personal favorite posters for a reason!

12. JayVols

Thanks.

I was there. It was the genesis of my unadulterated complete hatred for all things Ohio State. I mean when you are 26, and you come within a frog's hair of laying out a male OSU fan that is in his mid to late 70s because you've listened to enough bullshit from their fans & he is 3" from your face repeatedly screaming "Buckeyes!" in that God-awful Ohio accent while me, Volguy and another buddy are completely minding our own business just waiting for the stadium to open, there's no doubt left in my mind that they have the absolute worst fanbase in the history of football. Yes, that includes bammers. I can speak redneck. OSU fans have a language all their own, and it's borderline demonic. I enjoyed that win as much as I did when I was in Tempe 2 years later. Mockingly throwing the chant of "Eddie Eddie Eddie" back at them was very satisfying putting it mildly. And yes, I talked sooo much shit after the game it was nauseating. But at least I waited until after the game. Even if the entire campus (minus people of course- I'm not an animal. Besides, I want to see them suffer. Greatly.) were to be swallowed by a massive sinkhole never to be seen or heard from again, that couldn't attone for the level of douchebaggery possessed by OSU. I wouldn't piss up their collective asses if their guts were on fire. Sorry for the graphic comment, but that's tame considering my abhorration of anything and everything associated with the Buckeyes.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've lived in bammer and Columbus. They're close enough to bammers that when bammer is down, the accent puts them over the top.

Still, if bammer played them and the tornado wasn't an option, I'd pull for the earthquake.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

My brothers. I thought I was the only weirdo who does this. I wore out my VHS of the national championship. I also like the bowl game where Clausen destroyed Michigan.

15. JayVols

Volguy & I were on TV several times. We were close to the 2 idiots that covered their bodies in garnett & gold.

16. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

[video=youtube_share;0tOhhBeO4t0]http://youtu.be/0tOhhBeO4t0[/video]
    never gets old.

17. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

25:35 may forever be my favorite college football play.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Mine was at 57:50. Bama had just scored, making it 28-14. I was so conditioned at the time I just KNEW that Bama was about to come back and break my heart again. Then two words:

Jay. Graham.

I knew then the game was over.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I feel the same way about them, Notre Dame and Auburn.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ohio State fans are "special" in their own way.