Is it possible that we don't make a bowl?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by ptclaus98, Nov 30, 2014.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Larry posted on TOOS that there's 12 bowl eligible teams for 10 bowl games. Bama is one, so count them out unless Mizzou beats them. 11 bowl eligible teams for 10 bowls, assuming no at large opportunities. Us, Arkansas, Florida, and SC are all 6 win teams. Excluding the possibility of Florida not accepting a bowl bid, what are the chances of us not making a bowl?

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I don't give a crap about playing the bowl game honestly. I just want the extra practice time.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We haven't been since 2010. I don't think anybody within a 3-5 hour drive from here is going to let us miss out.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If it does happen there was always a chance it could happen. Unless it doesnt. In that case there was never a chance that we didnt get in. If that makes sense. According to sources and stuff.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

10 bowls equals 20 teams

6. Beechervol

We would need to pull USCe in that case. Better than average shot at a W.

7. Beechervol

More than likely another bowl picks up the extra.

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

1 SEC team per.

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

No chance.... Music City or Liberty are not gonna lobby for a lame duck SC team or a coach less UF team over UT, who will put people in the seats. In the end, I would wager that all SEC teams will have bowls to attend. I am sure there is some bowl out there than has a stipulation where they can bump some lesser conference for a Power 5

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Music City can't choose it's SEC team. The SEC will do it for them. No idea about the Liberty, but I'd imagine Ole Miss would be higher up the list than UT.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

The new way is supposed to be that the Bowls list there teams 1-whatever and the eligible teams list their bowl preference 1-whatever...... If 1 and 1 match, they are supposed to go to that bowl....if there is a log jam after that, the SEC is supposed to delineate. The Liberty Bowl is drooling over Tennessee. Two of the big shots on the LB Board are TN graduates and have been at nearly every game, even when it looked like making a bowl was not gonna happen. They have been on local radio talking up the chance to get TN in the LB..... They basically had it shaping up like a TN vs. TX/WV/Ok St matchup...all of those would be bad....

I think the LB either gets TN or Arky

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Then don't post and/or [itch bay] about the result.

14. CardinalVol

Mississippi state is still going to a new year six bowl, probably the peach if I had to guess. There will be 11 bowl spots with tie in. And there will probably be some open spots from other conferences.

If an sec team has 6 wins, they will go bowling.

15. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

You don't get the practice time without a bowl invite.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Tennessee will get an invite. I think it is a stone cold lock, especially with as many unaffiliated bowls there are, and where some years a 5-7 team had to be invited. Even if we are playing in the Poulan-Great Northwest-Shriners-Home Depot-Greater Shrieveport Bowl

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Well, then, it's a good thing we are getting one.

18. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Are all of the sec tie-ins for the 1st through 10th team or are they sec at large? If they are at large, we are guaranteed a bowl game based off of fan support.

19. CardinalVol

You are assigned to a bowl based on who bowl wants and fans, etc.

Will be surprised if we drop below Memphis.

20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

According to LB folks who have been in radio a lot, school had some say so as well... Best bet is that schools and bowl collude with each other per say...