Jaleel Hytchye DB Ohio

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Jewbaccah, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

2. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Don't know crap about him, but the program he comes out of and competition he plays against is strong.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Without even having a visit, do we even have a chance?

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Right now, Bob Kesling has his fingers crossed for Pitt.

5. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Was recruited by Butch at Cincy. Is a big Butch fan. He could of camped here at some point who knows.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Vol, IMO.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

For the record, I want him.

8. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Jones offered him at UC and Mark Elder is working him. Can't recall if he is planning a visit, seems like he was. Will check. If so I would say he might. Pure speculation, but, a lot of the Ohio kids make it down to east TN on vacations through the years. He very well could have gone to a game and/or visited the campus at some point. Best offer he has in the SEC and OSU has not offered.

LaSalle is the lesser accomplished Catholic school that has to go against Moeller, Elder, Princton, etc. So they compete on the highest level, but don't win at a high level often.

He's one of those 5.7 rated guys that might have been a 5.8 if he had gone to one of the bigger football factory schools.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  9. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

The latest Rivals article says that he moved up his decision from 1/17 to now because of two reasons (one was his 18th birthday) and another that he would not go into until after he made the decision as not to give it away.

Wonder if Butch and Co offered him a spot but with 5 DB's already committed, it was a better take it now or there may not be a spot for you come the 17th.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could he be an EE?

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Strong

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I do not think so.

He liked Butch but did not really give them much consideration at Cincy (per the article). He was basically down to Northwestern, Pitt, and KY and set to announce on the 17th. Jones offers him again from TN and now Northwestern is out, TN is in and the decision gets moved up.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe wanted bigger SEC offer than UK

14. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

There is an article now basically saying he and Boyd are announcing Pitt. Otherwise would wait to visit.

15. Montrell

Montrell New Member

With better coaching like he'd get at Moeller or Elder, I agree he might be better at this point. LaSalle's football program is a joke. They recruit harder than any high school in Cincinnati and have all kinds of athletes at that school but their teams and their program suck and a lot of the kids struggle big-time with academics in college (I dont think Hytchye will have trouble there though). That said I think he's rated correctly as a 3-star. I've never been blown away by him when I've seen him play and I've seen him struggle in coverage quite a bit.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  16. Montrell

Montrell New Member

From what I've heard up here from some coaches is he is going where his mom will tell him to go. Everyone is saying he'll end up at Pitt.

17. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Going to Kentucky.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Not a total escape for Bob, but could have been 12 times worse.

19. Montrell

Montrell New Member

About right for his level of talent IMO.