Jayson Swain on Finebaum

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 21, 2017.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Butch please

knoxvol likes this.
  2. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

Egg Sack Lee.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Let's be fair, though. He is trying to make a living here in Knoxville, and he cannot do that even if he believed it. So like a lot of people he says "well, he is here, let's give him a chance."

4. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Hyams not carrying water for Butch today. Said "I don't know what they're doing with Tyler Byrd. If you're not going to let him play WR put him on defense".

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

At least hyams doesn't pretend like there is a logic.

6. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

I totally get that. Doods I have spoken with in that part of the business indicate they like winning from a sheer economics standpoint- when things go south, peeps get apathetic and do not tune. I think they remain objective/skew positive from a business point of view. I also think most people, whether they thought B#tch was the correct hire or not, wanted to see him succeed whether or not they thought it was realistic.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Ainge has been pretty rough on him lately, but stops short of saying he needs to go.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ainge was supposedly saying that a call for a run from under center was called and Dormady checked out of it. He was getting ripped because I guess we came out in shotgun, didn't audible out to a different formation.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Plays right into the hands of them that would rather throw players under the bus than Butch. Although, according to pj at VN right now, nobody actually says things like that

10. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't know about formation. I feel pretty certain that Dormady saw man on the outside and changed the play.

The thing is, that doesn't change anything. If your QB, making his first ever SEC start, checks from the play you want to run from the 10 inch line, you call a timeout and tell him to run the ****ing play you called. In fact, your jr. QB thinks it's a good idea for him to make a play change from an inside handoff to a fade on the 10" line on 1st down, you've probably ****ed up long before that point, anyway. But anyway you hack it, it's on the staff for 1) not having the guy prepared and 2) not stopping the action when you saw he wasn't prepared.

11. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

is there proof that Dormady actually audibled?

12. cotton

Watch the play again. He changed it.

13. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

okay thanks.

14. cotton

Somebody with better video skills than me can probably post it, but I don't have any doubt.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He saves those timeouts to ice the opposing kickers, 4 years of study show he's correct in doing that.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Did he shift from under center to the shotgun? I don't believe so, but I only watched it once and don't care to do so again.

17. cotton

I don't remember. I just remember seeing him break the huddle, look to his right and change the play. It was like watching Manning, if Manning were doing something really stupid.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Dormady is just that quick in his reads.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I done told ya'll he checked out of the run weeks ago

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Weeks. Plural.