Jennings Moved to WR

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Aug 3, 2015.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Also will get tried at safety.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Didn't see that coming

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Thanks Jimmy.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wild Jennings comin'

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Well that was quick. Are they selling it as giving him looks or is he officially moved. I would guess the former.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Hard to be wrong after the fact

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He requested the move apparently.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Didn't see it posted anywhere on the board. It's not like there is any traffic here anyways. This site is half-dead.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

You should post your video game accomplishments for all to see in the main forum.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He asked for it,

12. TennTradition

Just like the guy that was thankful Butch told him to go elsewhere?

13. TennTradition

TWSS

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

What?

He told Butch he wanted to see the field

15. TennTradition

My comment was angling at the fact that every tough decision seems to have a rosey outcome with Butch's PR machine.

Butch gave the Knoxville kid a press release as he showed him the door (rightly).

I figured it was suggested to Jennings that if he wanted to see the field he should consider switching positions (rightly) but that the PR machine would just make it sound like it was completely Jennings idea.

Not knocking it but I'm just laughing at the spin machine that he has going. I've never seen a coach so tuned into public opinion yet tone deaf when it comes to urgency. Though it does seem he is learning a bit there.

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Kid's savvy. Weighed his odds (vs. current QB corps, Guarantano incoming, potential of '17's Johnson, and/or '18's Lawrence) and decided to capitalize on injuries and suspensions at a key position. Maybe it (his versatility) will entice Jones and Debo to be more creative. We can only hope

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I often wonder, as well, if he got to campus and went "Jesus these DB's and LBs are fast" and he realized his stuff just wouldn't cut it at this level. I don't know enough about the kid to know, just wondering.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd imagine it was as simple as someone telling him, "You have the ability to make money playing receiver or defensive back, not a chance at QB".

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

In general, this happens a good deal of the time. Big fish from little pond jumps to big pond, adapt or ...

He wanted a shot and got it, the staff fulfilled their promise. Change improves his %'s (of seeing the field)

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He's an elite athlete. He could cut it as far as running goes.

All JMO GBFO