Jones: 2 QB's to Play vs ISU

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 8, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I dont mind playing two qbs. I have no faith in Jones being able to manage this situation or pretty much anything, though.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He's probably going to play because we're going to beat them somewhere in the neighborhood of 55-0

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dude coordinates over 100 guys from overstepping the bounds of the sideline. I think he can handle this.

4. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Dormady is the more steady QB. One turnover in the GT game and we would have lost. JG is probably the better playmaker and might get the job going forward, but the GT game was just not the right game to put him in. At least in my opinion.

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

GT didn't have a trash can.

6. MWR

MWR Contributor

You have to have 2 QBs to play 2 QBs. Go Vols.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The only reason we didn't have any turnovers against GT wasn't any of Dormady's doing, it was because their secondary wasn't good enough to take advantage of the shit passes that Dormady was throwing around. It's a miracle that he didn't have multiple interceptions with the number of overthrown balls and him constantly staring down receivers.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Texas A&M style.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

5*

10. MWR

MWR Contributor

Or maybe you have no QBs if you try to play 2 QBs.

11. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Ha! Good point.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I suspect we end Saturday with a bigger controversy than we started. Dormady does okay, like last week, and build a 4 score lead through big wr plays among some errant throws. Guarantano comes in and throws some big plays to wrs but also has some errant throws... But he has some plays with his feet that ignite the controversy. We go into Florida talking about a 2 QB rotation, but the locker room begins dividing about who should be QB.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Then it turns out Shoop really is a great defensive coordinator, he just has amnesia.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We tend to forget that JG announced his commitment via Times Square video announcement.

No doubt Butch has fed his ego nonstop since he got here.

I'm not saying it's good or bad, I'm just saying it's what we've got in a backup QB.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I swear I saw him throw into quintuple coverage.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He made the same mistake when he gave Nathan Peterman his first start versus UF...in Gainesville.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This. All day.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably lose both QBs and Kelly for the season. Butch granted an extension that night for his perseverance.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He'll split both of them out wide, put Tuttle in his bastard Wildcat formation, all three will get hurt, and Jumper ends up playing both ways at MLB and QB.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He made the right decision the first game.