Jordan Bone is the best PG in college basketball

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by lylsmorr, Feb 14, 2019.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Change my mind.

10th in assists per game
    14th in A/T ratio

If he were a black hole with the ball or, UT ran strictly pick and roll, his numbers would be even better.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He doesn't play for Duke, therefore he sucks.

/thread

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Hes always had elite speed.

The part of his game that has escalated him this year, is his ability to see the floor, know where people are and are going to be in relation to that blazing speed he has, and hes improved drastically at shooting the ball, really from all over the floor, but hes as automatic as you get when he gets 15 feet and in.

I've said all along that he was the key to how far this team goes this year and i will stand by that.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He has a bad game, he’s still got 10 and 5

A-Smith likes this.
  5. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Got to see them play for the first time last night from fairly close seats to floor, your observations are right on IMO.
    TV does not provide justice for the play of Josh Bone.
    He's so quick, sees all the floor and is definitely in charge.
    I'm still pumped that I got to see a #1 Tennessee team play a game of any kind.
    And ..... in many years, I finally went to Knoxville to see a Tennessee W.

Tenacious D and BigOrangeBeech like this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Jordan at Ensworth was always back seat to Garland at BA. Lucky enough to watch them play since they were freshmen. I never saw this coming. Its all Barnes development. and Bone being as mentally tough as any pg around while busting his ass.
    Need that ankle 100% saturday

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He did his part last nite. Had as couple out of control moments but nothing to worry about.

The positive right now is outweighing the negative substantially.

8. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I have watched a lot of UT basketball over the years and we have always struggled at the point guard position. CJ Watson is the last point guard we had that was really good IMO. However, Bone has taken it to the next level this year and it’s a beautiful thing to watch. I really feel he is the reason this team makes it to the final four this year.

justingroves likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

best pg I've seen at UT. CJ was good but didn't have the speed or midrange game

A-Smith and OneForVol like this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yep he’s officially better than CJ

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

CJ was a more consistent stud for 4 years, but peak Bone is better

utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bone has to knock Joakim Noah's teeth out to pass CJ for me.

OneForVol, utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

He’s on the same tier as CJ but they have different skill sets. I’d like to see Bone not settle for the 15ft pull ups as much and attack the rim more. When he’s on his game we’re capable of going to the Final 4

14. Ssmiff

not me. I love the elbow pullups. Why go into the trees when you can hit a free throw jumper. Plus, when he misses at the rim and ends up on the floor on the baseline the other team breaks everytime. imo his mix of attack and pullup has been instinctual and money

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Lately, just about any shot Bone takes is money. 3, elbow, drive, doesnt matter. So theres that.

16. Ssmiff

Bone left off the Cousy list
    Gonzaga Perkins, who Bone and Lamonte held scoreless, is on it, playing shit competition. As it LSU Waters, who I dont even think is the best guard on the LSU team.

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think Bone is comparable to Mike Conley. Bone has an extra gear, Mike is a little smoother overall, but similar in style, imo.

Bone is listed at 6'3 174
    Conley is listed at 6'1 175

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I said that about the mid-range game Bone has developed. Very Conley-esque

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator