JUCO WR Lavon Pearson

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Vols kick balls, Oct 10, 2013.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's a Vol

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

3. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Vawls son

4. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Immediate impact player.

5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Why only a 2 star?

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Just blowing up. High 4 star on 247.

7. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Rivals just gave Pearson 4 stars....and Davonte Lambert has also earned a 4th...for all of you star gazers.

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Romantic skies above

9. BigOrangeBeech

Was it Fortenberry that said he'd be a starter from day 1? Is that a stretch with North, Pig, Croom, and possibly Malone all in the mix for a starting position for those that know?

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

No idea but getting back to having real competition for the starting spot is nice. Saw a quote where he said (paraphrasing) he's used to 400 people or so at their games so to see that many fans was incredible.

Edit: just saw that zero posted that in the commit thread.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I like how this staff is finding different guys first. Being proactive versus reactive is important.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I don't think Croom will be here long after he sees the talent that is coming in. He's decent but won't be able to compete with legit SEC talent.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Oh no you di'unt.

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Croom's not leaving. I agree he needs to be more consistent but let's keep in mind he's a RS Frosh and like everyone else has had his struggles. To his credit his route running and blocking are improving. He's made some good plays. A nice TD catch vs.Oregon, converted two critical third dns in the 4th and in OT vs GA and a nice leaping sideline catch vs 'SC on third dn .

[​IMG]

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Croom is talented enough to see a lot of playing time here. He's gotten better every week plus his size can cause a lot of matchup problems.

17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Frame, size and speed reminds me of David Martin. His (college) stats didn't / don't stick out and like Croom he played w/ a lot of talent, PM spread the 'ball around before being drafted.

18. BigOrangeBeech

Exactly.

And this was my point in my original statement. I was mainly throwing the question out there to those who know more than me whether Pearson is that good, to come right in and start over some of these talented WR we have that will have been in the program for 2 or 3 years by this time next year.

If Pearson is that good, and we add Malone, our WR corps will be stout...

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

In this offense starting is irrelevant. Ideally, Butch & Bajakian like to frequently substitute using upwards 7-9 receivers / gm. Our boys are still learning the system, working on timing, and proper route running.

20. BigOrangeBeech

I've started to notice that. We play several throughout the course of the game