Just Something I Saw About The Vols

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KenTenn, Jul 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Heart over talent!

#giveyourall

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I can't watch it from my phone. Care to summarize??

4. OrangeEmpire

Just a ra ra piece

It's not shabby

5. Hoss Diesel

Hoss Diesel New Member

Did we watch the same video? Because what I saw was a desktop screen capture of someone turning pages of a homemade Vols 'zine. It wasn't shabby. It was sh*tty

6. KenTenn

I semi-agree. Went back and looked myself. Hadn't noticed the desktop screen. No surprise when I watch Vols stuff, I go Vols blind seeing only the Vols stuff and nothing else. Decided to sort of "study" the video. Now, I'm no pro, mind you but here's what I think was done based on meager experience I have with fooling around with computers and video equipment. If interested, or course. Which you probably aren't.

It looks like software that generates page turning images was screen captured as a video file during user manipulation and uploaded. Adobe InDesign? I'm not even sure there's another way to share books online except maybe via a webpage that gives you user access to the page turn buttons. I think two years ago, I saw an auto turn book which flipped pages after a set time. Can't recall the name of the software or even the book it used for a demo. I do know you can package it as a CD/DVD, upload it to a website, and even use it as an alternative to a PowerPoint presentation. All that techno hogwash aside, I was intrigued by the unusual use of the media to share a Vols topic. Which to me meant far more than whether I could see the desktop screen or not. I guess it depends on what your priorities or goals are when you watch something. I watch the History Channel to learn stuff my schooling didn't teach me. On the other hand, I watch the Discovery Channel to chuckle at periodic scientific misinformation presented. At the mall, I find an inconspicuous a location as I can and watch salespeople. Because? I HATE shopping with my beloved wife, I mean HATE it. I don't mind being a human truck to haul her stuff but wandering around the same areas repeatedly and listening to the birdie chirps of gals talking about stuff I don't even want to know about drives me nuts. Salespeople are more interesting as they scurry and engage in tactics to earn a commission. So yeah, I guess it depends on your priorities or objective when you watch something. Wow! That was fun.

7. OrangeEmpire

Got me, not what I saw

8. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I had no idea you could get a corset for $18.

9. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

tl;dr

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Even in your size?

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I boycott stores that charge more for XXL and above sizes. That's discriminatory business practices. Why isn't an XL more than a L, a L more than a M, or a M more than a S if it's not flat out discrimination?

12. KenTenn

Vols fans are everywhere!!!! A few days ago, Lex18 News was interviewing a guy about some incident in Lexington, KY. He was sporting one of those black caps with an orange bill and orange power T on the front. Just now on "Today" a very brief top shot of the crowd showed a guy in the back with an orange cap sporting a white power T. I must be awful football hungry to get so excited by something as mundane as this. But it's a thrill seeing species Vol in such out of the way places. Go Vols!!!!

13. OrangeEmpire

+1

So much win