JWIII To Missouri...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Oct 18, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

after the single most ridiculous announcement event I've ever seen. I'm surprised it wasn't G'town, but the dog and pony show he just put on indicates Haith is the best fit for him. Can't see Coach Martin, JTIII, or Izzo putting up with that level of attention seeking.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Could be exactly why he ended up at Missouri.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sometimes things sort themselves out, like that.

4. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Sounds like he would've been a perfect fit under a previous regime.

5. hatvol96

I think you're on to something.

6. hatvol96

I think you're also on to something.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

To quote JWIII about his Tennessee visit "They didn't show me enough attention" (paraphrased).

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Didn't want him anyway.

(Finally got to use this line!)

9. hatvol96

He's got the skill set I covet in a player. However, not sure how his obvious need for validation works out. If he uses it as fuel to show he's been slighted, he'll be excellent. If he simply now rests on his laurels because he found a coach who would tell him what he wanted to hear, his career will be a massive disappointment.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What's the skill set you are talking about? I haven't watched him play

11. hatvol96

Long, versatile. You can run the offense through him. If properly motivated, can defend at least three positions.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

"If". Could very well prove me wrong, but I don't see Haith giving him this kind of motivation

13. hatvol96

I tend to agree.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He a two and done player?

15. hatvol96

He'll have to develop rapidly under a guy whose strong suit isn't coaching to do so. Don't like those odds.

16. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Yea, Memphis backed off a while back bc of his attention whoring. He is not as good as people think and has all the potential to be a head case not worth the effort.

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Actually, Gary Parrish (or it could have been John Martin who was on his show) said on the radio today that TN did back off him because they felt confident in landing Nichols. Also, they mentioned that Cuonzo had landed Davis and that did not make J3 as a priority.

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I have heard many say that he will either make it in 2 years or never make it at all. I felt like the best thing for the kid would be for him to have a coach like Izzo, Martin, etc. that would not be afraid to break their foot off in his azz to make him better.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is anyone who doesn't go to Memphis good?

20. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Reporters on Twitter were saying they've never seen an announcement like this... that's saying something! Said the song "world's greatest" kept being played.