POLITICS Kanye Gonna Kanye

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Oct 1, 2018.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t ban him, but I don’t think anyone here cares what I think haha

2. NashVol11

Re: Kanye, though, I’m offering my opinion anyway. Excellent artist, unquestionably—one of the best of this generation, and as much as people take shots at his music, he has upwards of 20 Grammys. But he’s always said dumb/crazy shit, and Democrats aren’t calling him a “traitor” as much as they’re calling him a dumbass, which he is. Most people aren’t mad at him for being Republican, they’re mad at him for being so talented and so mindless at the same time.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Horsecrap. Uncle Tom tossed about all over him. Ironically, that lingo says more about the genius that keeps those saying it nearly unanimously rooting for the liberals.

4. NashVol11

Some people have called him an Uncle Tom, but I strongly disagree that it’s anywhere near a majority of any demographic, even black Democrats. To be an Uncle Tom you generally have to be lucid, and most just think he’s lost it

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He is not banned.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

[​IMG]

7. NashVol11

Scroll through his Instagram from around “slavery was a choice” - present and you’ll see what I mean. He’s become a guy on the street ranting about nonsense; I feel bad for him, he’s probably not in a great place (which Kanye himself has said), and likely dealing with a mental illness, but I’m not getting worked up about what he actually says.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

What kind of grown man scrolls though an entertainer’s instagram. Hell, I’d stop hanging out with someone that I knew had Instagram.

9. Tenacious D

Instagram is like LinkedIn for virgins.

Beechervol likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Old people on the internet are just precious.

11. Tenacious D

I don’t know if you intend this as a compliment or insult, but I laughed, either way.

You’re just an angry man right now. I get it.

justingroves and NYY like this.
  12. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

#freegahlee

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Lack of Instagram is irrefutable proof. Hanging with teens on instamoron is of enormous value in...

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It wasn't meant either way. It's just funny. Like someone who thinks hummus will weaken their masculinity.

RockyHill and NashVol11 like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have t-shirts available.

Also, I whined loudly about this to the other mods. While doing so, Voldad just went over and unbanned him.

16. NashVol11

Someone grown enough to realize that tying masculinity to phone app use is complete dumbassery

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t follow a single teen on Instagram. Am I doing something wrong?

NashVol11 likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't have or use instagram. I think we are okay. I also think those that do are probably okay.

19. cpninja

cpninja Member

Not sure the politics sub-forum on a Tennessee football message board is where we wanna start tossing around who is and isnt less of a man because of what websites they visit and apps they use

feels kinda "throwing stones in a glass house"-y

NashVol11 likes this.
  20. NashVol11

What kind of grown man doesn't question others' masculinity using worthless standards?