Kentucky Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 28, 2023.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

1 Milton’s best game as a Vol. Hes playing good ball right now.

2 Sampson is a stud. He was not gonna be stopped in the 4th

3 Thornton with…..catches? That was nice.

4 I still don’t understand why we have gone away from the aggressive defense and sitting back in zone.

5 If Willie Martinez is here next year I will officially have the slightest concern about Heupel.

6 You could replace Slaughter with me tonight and there would not have been much difference.

7 LOLOLOLOL on faking an injury and causing a 10 second runoff to win the game.

8 Can we please just admit Stoops is only considered a good coach because of his last name?

9 Glad I was wrong about how this game would go.

10 Troy Taylor is going to get Stanford back to respectability sooner rather than later.

Bonus - Our opponents have not had a live ball penalty called against them in 2 games.

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

From here on out Small has to take the backseat to Wright and Sampson.

Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I want to hear the call in show for stoops this week. I think he may just snap on a caller.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2023
  4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Seriously, who did we piss off and how?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Small plays because he's the only one that shows any interest in blocking

Indy likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

-We responded several times tonight when we needed to.
    - Joe showed more leadership and quicker decisions for the most part. High completion %. Good 3rd down conversion %.
    -Our defense on its heels all night. Weird at times
    -Banks 3rd down calls dropping Harrison or Pearce into coverage on sale side as soft cb cushion is the easiest read and pass a decent qb will have, and we give it to them over and over.

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Amen to 5.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep, he is our best in pass protect situations. He is also a pretty decent short yardage guy. I like our RB room quite a bit.

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I will say that the penalties and lack of discipline has to get corrected. This has been an issue with Heupel his entire head coaching career. The best one of his teams has ranked in penalties per game is 102nd. He’ll never win anything of consequence here if it doesn’t get cleaned up.

Gator H8R likes this.
  10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Looks like our OL is going to limp to the finish. We're going to have to get some of them roided up for the Georgia game.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Under Heupel, we are making a habit of finding ways to win these ugly games that we'd have pissed away previously, so that's nice. That said, some of these games have no business looking this ugly.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Nature always finds a way

ole_orange and A-Smith like this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Who's wife did Heupel [uck fay] in the ass to cause this?

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

TIL Mark Stoops is making 9 million a year.

JohnnyQuickkick likes this.
  15. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I think the fast paced offense leads to at least a few extra penalties a game.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Unless Tennessee has a lame duck head coach, we simply do not lose to Kentucky in the sport of football. No matter how bad we play. Tonight’s game was a metaphor for how a typical Kentucky-Tennessee football game always plays out

justingroves and yont sum iss? like this.
  17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Heupel is coaching his ass off with this team.

I don’t think most truly appreciate the job he’s doing while protecting Milton and getting the most out of him.

18. yont sum iss?

8-4 or 9-3 is what I expected coming in and looks like that’s pretty likely. I’ll take 8-4 vs the field. Don’t see us beating Mizzou on the road.

HotlantaVol likes this.
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I can't decide if I'm impressed that Heupel is going to get at least 8 wins out of this team or if I'm pissed that we've regressed like we have from year 2 to year 3.

20. yont sum iss?

It really is us against Florida. Just doesn’t matter.