Kiffin on Hot Seat!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by VolDad, Nov 9, 2012.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

On the field, this team with unbeaten talent is 6-3 while gaining national recognition mostly for reckless penalties and questionable play-calling.

Off the field, Kiffin has dragged the team through an array of distractions and ethics dilemmas that have tarnished the athletic department's sterling post-probation image cultivated by Athletic Director Pat Haden.

Kiffin was not hired by Haden, and there is now real doubt about his ability to keep his job beyond this season as the department sinks deeper into embarrassment. Kiffin was a Mike Garrett guy, and there are indications that Haden is ready to rid the program of the last traces of that legacy.

Bill Plaschke: USC incident further deflates Trojans' image - latimes.com

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not gonna lie, I'd give him a shot here.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't buy it. Hayden was the head of the search committe that hired kiffin. Garrett was bypassed completely. Plaschke should stick to the lakers. They aren't going to fire the guy just coming off sanctions with the recruiting class he has coming in. now go 8-4 next year and maybe he's gone.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out how anyone who has watched that team can say it has undefeated caliber talent. Once the offensive line got banged up, USC became a merely good football team.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Over Dooley? Abso-frickin-lutely. Over Gruden? Not in a million years. Although he pushes the envelope too far for me with his stupid antics, anyone who can get Crompdaddy drafted is a good coach in my book.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i never saw it in the preseason. they have no depth on the lines. though barkley has looked terrible at times and you wouldn't have expected that.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

You must think very low of me if you think I was stupid enough to be saying I'd give him a shot over Gruden.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Of course not...just putting it out there. Even though we have our differences I like you (most of the time anyway).

9. hatvol96

If the offensive line had been able to completely avoid injuries to its top tier guys, they might have been positioned to simply outscore everyone. The defense is nowhere near good enough to win without the offense being totally dominant.

10. hatvol96

If he really is in trouble, which I seriously doubt, remember that Arkansas had a deal in place to hire him but Al Davis wouldn't let him out of his contract.

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I don't see how he could be given the situation. I understand he's "Garrett's guy" and all but still don't see it.

12. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Barkley has always looked unspectacular. His LT leaving for draft should of triggered him to go. Stock never would of been higher.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Garrett had little to nothing to do with his hiring since he was on his way out during the coaching search. I don't get this logic he was "garrett's guy."

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I disagree, he makes some unbelievable throws. but i do agree he's probably not a top 10 pick anymore. I think he may be too slow with too lousy of a pocket presence for the pros.

15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Just going by the last sentence of the post -

16. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I am not saying he is horrible. He is good just does not wow me. He neither wins nor loses games for USC. And the LT who left was amazing forgot his name.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

understood, plaschke is talking out of his arse which is one of his defining characteristics.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he won a ton of games for USC. of course so did matt leinart and a bunch of other guys who haven't done crap in the nfl.

19. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Alarmist media speak. Make a change, with sc's scholarship limitations, and it becomes a worse dumpster fire than UT '09. Kiffin will be their coach in 2013. This is a reach for a story.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i honestly think kiff could lose out and still get another year. the team overachieved last year and now he's going to get fired because his overachieving led to unrealistic expectations? I don't see it. Hayden is too smart for that.