Kirven DT VA- BIG NEWS

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Jewbaccah, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

He is coming back to UT mid week on his own dime with family. I have already forgotten about Santos if true. He is a big time recruit. Elite DT. He also said Sal was his favorite coach recruiting him.

I was too excited about this one to wait until next week to put in blog.

I am trying to be pessimistic assume he will cancel trip etc...but this is very exciting.

2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Anytime a recruit comes back on his own dime after an official, it's big. Now, considering the shit luck Tennessee has had on getting DTs here, it's even bigger

4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Reminds rivals of 49ers Justin Smith...yes please

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Justin Smith is a freak of nature

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Guess which genius organization thought it would be smart not to re-sign him?

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Haha, ESPN Magazine included Smith in a feature a while back when he was still a Bengal. Dude is completely ripped.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He has an Anheuser Busch logo tattooed on his arm. The man is a little nuts

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

What is the status on this kid's health? I keep thinking I read somewhere that he had a significant injury this year and may not be ready to go out of the gate.

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

He is recovering from a broken fibula. The cast was supposed to be removed right after the UA game. Leg bones are tricky. Gotta think it'll take some serious conditioning to get him ready.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Surely he can get in decent shape over 8 months.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I would think everything would need to go well for him to get rehabbed, back in football shape and ready to contribute as a FR. If he was coming in healthy it would be a different story IMO.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Looking more and more like he's ours.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can we get a doctor in this thread? I am genuinely curious about the recovery time of a fibula break. The cast is off, but some are saying he won't be ready in time?

I know he is a big guy, but damn.

15. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I wouldnt worry about the injury. But my philosophy is expect nothing the first year out of incoming freshmen and anything you get is gravy.