Knoxville Sports Talk

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by kptvol, Dec 19, 2011.

Tags:
  1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

On the way to work (around 7:30) I generally listen to Erik Ainge on 1180AM. Can't listen to the Sports Animal as Heather Harrington is so bad it literally angers me she's on the radio. Then again I guess she distracts from Dearstone's stupidity.

On the way home (around 5:15) I'll go with Hyams. Tried Terry Fair but wasn't really impressed. Any other suggestions.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Buy an XM radio.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

you're doing it wrong.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

call 'em and tell them you want to cancel. i used to get them to send me free radios too. now i just have it in my car.

i pay $12/month for everything.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

you may have to wait until your current subscription ends. i know they like to bill you up front now to keep people from pulling that shit. in that case, just wait until it runs out and they're due to hit you with automatic renewal. then you can play the cancel card.

6. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

If you're with Sirius and plan on keeping your car for years, then I recommend the lifetime subscription. Best 400 bucks I ever spent and have no monthly fee whatsoever.

7. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

$22 a month? Yikes.

I think mine is $18 a month and is the top shelf Sirius plan along with NAV Traffic and such. The other guys are correct, you can do better.

Any iPhone users using ootunes app (not sure if they have it for other platforms)? I have been using it for a while and love it as an alternative to sirius and to get sports talk from a specific place like knoxville or in my office. As long as you have a 3G signal or wifi connection, you can listen to or record just about any am or fm station in the country as it broadcast.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My wife and I each have it in our car and I've got online access at work, and it averages out to be about $10 a month per radio, or $20 a month total. Not a bad deal at all.

At my new job, I can stream radio again, so I listen to Tony Kornheiser again from 10-12 daily out of DC.

For the topic at hand, I don't mind Swain and Rucker in the afternoon. Entertaining at least.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It sounds like you are supplementing the freeloaders by paying your fair share. I think Cardinal, govols, and doozer owe you some money.

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I've got Sirius and hardly ever listen to the college sports. I think it's channel 91, but early in the morning I'll occasionally listen to Bill King and on my way home Finebum is on and I can't stand him or the dumb ass Alabama/Auburn fans that flood the show.

11. Volalum

Volalum Member

The best sirius deal for car radio is $77/year. You have to call and threaten to cancel if they don't give you that package and then they will. I have it on two vehicles. You can add weather and traffic for $4/month more if you have a nav unit.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Need an 8th Maxim station.

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Lets get it rolling Beecher

14. joevol320

joevol320 New Member

if sirius had a decent UT radio station, it would be with buying for the sports, but slimebaum is not worth it. i have sirius, but not for the sports.

i would never listen hyams, they're horrible, i'd rather listen to some computer traffice voice than hyams and his idiot partner.

15. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

If I lived in Ktown, I would be the bomb on the radio! and I would have Hat on Daily for a HOOT! My Friend is a morning producer and big UT FAN, on the ANIMAL......... She will be on the air soon........ and Give all UT fans so love!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  16. punkcat

punkcat Member

Try the spice channel, you'll REALLY enjoy the ride home.

17. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

Sounds like a wreck waiting to happen.

18. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

As far as The morning show on WNML goes, Heather Harrington is the least stupid thing on that show. Dearstone constantly says, "that's not what I'm saying" while sucking up to CPHS and every lesbian in Knoxville while that waterhead Jacoby should be getting a government check for being mentally challenged.