Kyle Oliver 2015 TE

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Vols kick balls, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  2. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

RivalsWoody just confirmed commitment is official. Damn Oakland must be loaded.

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Seems like a reach. Supposed to be a hybrid TE/WR.

4. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Well he's already better than Woody Quinn so he's got that going for him.

5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Apparently he showed out at the Rivals Combine that was in Columbus, Ohio and then followed it up with some subsequent strong camp showings. Went from 0 scholarship offers to double digit offers. Florida State and Ohio State were/are apparently close to making offers per Rivals regional analyst...Sounds like kid wanted to be a Vol.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Really?

This is a guy that didn't play football until his sophomore year and was getting offers from the likes of FSU

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I mean, how many 3 stars are we planning on taking? Maybe he gets bumped IDK, but we seem to be reaching on quite a few players this class.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bassman is a better troll than this

9. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

the kid's stock is on the rise and on the rise quick. sounds like he is far from a reach, kind of like the olb that committed Sat. Sounds like that kids stock is on the rise as well

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I thought this commitment would come Saturday. Great pickup.

11. Barton Simmons said he has the ceiling of a guy like Eric Ebron in the right system. He needs to get stronger and work on his blocking but he should definitely be a threat in the passing game.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I just saw his rating, size, and assumed he had played his whole life. The amount of lower rated players in this class is worrisome though. Do we think all of them will be getting bumped?

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Disagree, strongly.

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

meh. Everything will work it's way out by NSD. A few of our commits are genuinely underrated IMO too. Dylan Jackson has picked up offers from Stanford and Bama since committing to us, yet he's a mid range three and barely a top 30 player in the state.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Assuming we finish with McKenzie, Jones, and Richmond for the LOS, that will be a very solid OL and DL haul.

If Gibson comes along with all the others we're in good shape to land it will be a solid class.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I read somewhere that he mention Hback during an interview.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Very likely scenario.

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I'd be very happy with that finish.