Last in the SEC in APR.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Just when Dooley has the process in full-swing, someone has to start quoting "facts" to contradict it.

Sickening.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

College is hard, you negative [uck fay]s. Most SEC schools allow their players to coast by on a bunch of sports information and afro-american history courses, whereas Dooley challenges his players to pursue more demanding degrees that, although resulting in lower GPAs, ultimately develop better men with stellar careers who contribute to their communities.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bravo. Someone out there is going to actually believe that.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Perfect

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You do realize Spartacus and Imported will appropriate this post as their own, don't you?

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

All I can do is laugh when I look at our program.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The mountain values Dooley is bringing into the program takes precedent over 'book learnin.'

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

The lessons and values Dooley teaches goes far beyond any statistic or GPA. He's a molder of men.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dont trust 40 something year old men with perfect hair?

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Oh no. He has taught these kids everything from how to properly bathe to how to garner some deep, philosophical meaning from a [uck fay]ing dog statue. The man's a genius; you'll see when "the plan" plays itself out.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Who cares? As long as we are kicking ass on the field... oh, that's right.

12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I'll believe you JT5!

13. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Opportunity is nowhere

14. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

The revisionist history by the Doolanders on TOOS will be comical to read this fall. "I kind of had a feeling that things weren't going well, but I didn't want to post something on a message board and screw up recruiting ....."

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Program first

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Goes pretty poorly when paired with the comments around the UK game about not giving a shit about becoming bowl eligible.

I kind of wonder if a bare minimum effort is just what is going on with the team. The bare minimum is enough to get the smarter guys by with mediocre grades. The dumber guys that used to have to aim high to get that C are now just barely passing with D's or straight up failing. I'd also be willing to bet Da'Rick is just blaming his professors for any struggles he has had.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Does GPA really factor in as long as you are above 2.2 or whatever? For instance if all your players had 2.2s, would your APR be worse than a school with all players at 3.5?

18. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Curious how the APR topic isn't getting a lot of run on TOOS ......

19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Taken care of.

20. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

This should be good .. [​IMG]