Let's look on the bright side of things

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Dec 9, 2012.

1. WM

WM Active Member

What if Dooley lucked out (which could have easily happened) into a 7-5 season. I'm almost certain now that he would have been retained with that record and we would be talking about the Music City Bowl and the thought of another season or more with Dooley.

2. govols74n

govols74n New Member

That's one way to look at it. I guess I'm sick of feeling so crappy about all of this. At least we got rid of Dooley. As for all of this new news, all we can do is hope for the best i.e. a miracle.

3. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I would have just sooner kept his sorry orange pants wearing ,orange dog losing ass for another year!

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

From what some folks have told me, what Hubbs has said, and then what Hart has confirmed for us, it seemed likely. That said, there is no way we beat that Vanderbilt team.

5. WM

WM Active Member

Dooley was incompetent in every aspect of the coaching world of college football. He refused to visit recruits at high school football games. We recruited better during that window when we didn't have a coach. I mean he literally didn't have one strong point. Butch Jones is easily an upgrade than another year or two of Dooley.

6. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Knowing how this played out, I would gladly take another year of Dooley if it expedited removal of Hart and Cheek. My guess is the post Dooley coaching search would have gone far better.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

But a 6 year deal with a 2 mil / year buyout isn't.

8. WM

WM Active Member

The buyout just baffles me.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I think it's pretty obvious what the buyout is.

10. gcbvol

Yep. Seems pretty clear.

11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Criminal.

12. gcbvol

Which is why the cleansing process needs to commence posthaste.

Please accept my apology for using the 'P' word above.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I thought we were outplaying them rather handily until Dooley pulled Bray. It hadn't shown up on the scoreboard, but if the play had gone like that the rest of the game, I think we would've won by two TDs.

That said, part of that is because Vandy was trying to run up the middle on every play, which is the absolute worst possible strategy against the 2012 Tennessee D. Eventually they would've figured that out.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Funny.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Oh, and that's the freaking bright side?

We hire the passes over by KY and CO, and there's a bright side?

We let two unaccountable, pointy headed douchebags ruin a coaching hire in which a rare confluence of events had Gruden as a potential hire, and there's a bright side?

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The bright side of this is that I've not seen BMFPV this fired up in a long time, and to me, that is a positive.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

On the bright side, getting herpes is better than contracting HIV.

Doesn't mean we actively go out and try to get herpes.

18. toltmvol

toltmvol New Member

We could have had Jon Gruden.Hart and Cheek ****ed it up.I'm mad as hell and will never give those two losing dickheads a pass.They should be gone today.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Am I missing something?

20. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

Let me take a stab at it. I'm Hart, I'm the man. I hired Jones, in your face boosters and fans. If you don't like that, you're screwed because of the buyout.

wpg3ut likes this.