Little League World Series

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Low Country Vol, Aug 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

All the hype and attention is going to Mo'ne Davis, but that Nevada team is very solid and not getting the credit it deserves. That is one of the best american teams i have seen in years.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I remember being 11 or 12 and reading about the LLWS in my SI for Kids. It sounded so cool and I would have loves to get the chance to play.

Then I grew up.

3. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Still enjoyable to watch.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm fine watching it. I don't enjoy the conversations it starts about kids throwing curveballs and all that crap.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I watched a little last night while eating at a BBQ joint in Idaho Springs. I like seeing the diversity of the teams both in background and skill, all getting along. Wish we could get the country into a team mindset like that.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

That Nevada team is stacked.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Other day I was eating lunch at Sergeant Pepperoni's and it was on, and some kid for Mexico who probably weighed 75 lbs if he was holding a concrete block hit one out to dead center up into the trees out there, and you could tell he couldn't believe it all the way around the bases, and when the team came out to celebrate you could tell they were like "where the crap did that come from?" and it made my day.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The Mo'ne talk got old. Fast.

Also, the bats do like 85% of the work. People shouldn't be hitting homers without swinging all the way through.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

mone, mone, mone, mone, moooooone

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

[youtube]sYYAv-QW38Q[/youtube]

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I always enjoy watching, but some of the luster is gone now. Most, if not all, of the American teams are travel teams that play together all summer. It is what it is. What's going to be interesting is when it goes to the 50/70 diamond in the next 5-10 years.

Hadn't watched any this year, but that Nevada team is supposed to be able to knock the crap out of the ball.