Live Blog From Open Practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Vol2424, Aug 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Didn't get to watch it, but when the folks here are basically unanimous in opinion of something, it's time to look at plan B.

Butch has a lot of momentum right now. If he trots Worley out there and we lose to western Kentucky, it's all gone in a hurry.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

We should be able to beat WKU without throwing a pass. ..

3. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

I would be very cautious when making that assumption.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I wasn't there, but my Dad was, and he'll throw his support behind the "Worley is a disaster" claim. He thought that Dobbs played the best but in very limited time, Peterman was second best, and Ferguson has a strong arm but was very hit-and-miss.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The wide receiver group in 2004 had a great year. Nobody seems ready to step up and do that for us.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wasn't Clausen nursing an injury early on? Seems like that's why he didn't get a shot before Joey and AJ.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Seem to remember that

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Thoughts from last night's scrimmage:

When does basketball start?

9. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

we still have some practice time. Thank goodness we aren't playing this week. I did hear this morning that Maggit will probably redshirt. You guys may have already known, but that doesn't help.

10. CardinalVol

Something with rotator cuff/shoulder or something that he hurt throwing so much over the summer IIRC.

He looked good against Monroe, stuck him in for one series down 21 at LSU, and then he led a couple of decent drives at UGA before he got the start.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I do think you guy's are unfairly bashing Worley. His throw straight up into the air towards the middle of the field off of his back foot was a thing of beauty. It looked like he was practicing fly balls with a little league team.

12. CardinalVol

We need to name a starter by Friday IMO. Might even come earlier in the week.

13. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Who do you want? I'd go with the smartest and most athletic. None of them seem to throw much better than the other, so I would get Dobbs the reps and see what happens.

14. CardinalVol

Anything I could possibly say about Dobbs and Ferguson would be via second hand knowledge, but I don't see how it can possibly be Worley or Peterman. That said, I tend to agree with you.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Why are you writing off Peterman, Card? Spring game?

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

tendonitis

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He throws some pretty wild passes. He had one last night that wasn't within 20 yards of a receiver. Could have been a route mixup, but it didn't look like it.

18. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

What was the receiver's reaction?

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't notice one, but tough to figure out who he was even targeting.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The WR didn't kniw the route.

That excuse worked last year....