LOI's in

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Feb 5, 2014.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If they can't succeed with these players, they'll never coach major college football again. And deservedly so.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm not excited, but I am very pleased.

3. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

Worst case scenario ...we're setting the table for the next guy.

Gotta have the talent before anything.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Excited would have been needed if we were awaiting bunch of guys that we needed today. I'm please with a little dose of confidence thrown in to boot. This is what NSD is supposed to be like for UT more times than not.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That explains NSD - but it's true for me in general. Still a ways from being able to get excited again about UT football. I have been as close as I've ever been to not giving a flip.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's the sad reality for me as well, and I'm to the point I'm not sure how much I mind it.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That's what you get for living in Ohio. Get your butt back down here.

Seriously, I do think things are changing for the better. The worst is behind us and it's time to enjoy the ride back up.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

As much shit as I give Bajakian, he's got weapons now. He did not last season.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Same.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Brown to OU.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I sincerely hope he qualifies there

14. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I think this hits the nail on the head. I thought Johnson was a little bit of a head scratcher, but everybody on campus says the guy is an athletic freak.

I look at this class another way…UT got a few walk ons today that would have been celebrated a few years ago. This is a deep class, and the football IQ in this class is off the charts…especially with the linebackers and DBs. You can't teach what a lot of these guys have.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I normally hate recruiting. And I especially hate hearing about it in May and June, such as when all the shouting started about Jalen Hurd committing to the Vols. It is such a long, long time from then to signing day, and until Feb comes around, commitments are normally worth the air they are spoken with.

But to see this class basically stay intact with little attrition is totally amazing and refreshing. And that comes with a ton of quantity AND quality!

GBO, #butchgetsit

Brighter days are head, my friends. Get rid of the last Dooleyites on the team and shed all of that ddiapos attitude for good.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The attrition, if that's even the correct term for it, was Tennessee induced. Brown was told he wouldn't qualify and I don't believe he was sent a LOI to sign, Dews knew he was greyshirting and Thomas was a mutual agreement once Sawyers visited.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kind of wonder about Mouhon, though.

18. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

@GrantRamey ‏@GrantRamey 11m

Also, Rashaan Gaulden told @jimmyhyams that Alabama sent him scholarship papers last night.

.........sneaky bastards.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

5 linebackers were signed. I think he was caught in a numbers crunch.

Butch lost Thomas, Lauderdale, Mouhon and Powell. He replaced Thomas with Sawyers, Lauderdale with Pearson and Powell with Scott. Tennessee ended up with 32 scholarship guys. It's telling that he didn't replace Mouhon.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Kid can apparently play.