Masters Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Apr 4, 2012.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

There are a handful I don't like--Poulter would be at the top of that list--but there are just as many Americans in that category. I just don't have a preference based on nationality. I like Paddy and Rory. I like McDowell and Shrek. Hell, I even like Kaymer and Sergio.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Shrek, McDowell, Rory and Kaymer are alright in my book. I think most of my jingoism comes from the Ryder Cup. Hate those bastards then and it just carries over.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

When the Ryder Cup rolls around there is some sort of internal involuntary switch that makes me think drastically less of the foreigners.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Oh hell naw. I don't hate Tiger that much. In fact I've actually enjoyed honest and open Tiger. He's become much more tolerable since his struggles. I enjoy when he swears because it's fun listening to all the blue hairs get their panties wadded up when he 'misbehaves'.

Sergio is a gigantic give up these days. Read his comments from the weekend.

I can't think of a single Englishman that I like. And outside of Jiminez and the Irishmen, I can think of a single European I like. You can keep all the S. Africans too. The Aussie contingent is OK outside of Adam Scott.

Usually by the time a foreign guys starts growing on me, the Ryder or President's Cup begins and my hate starts all over again.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I like Tiger, hate Phil, love JD, and I am ambivalent about the rest of them.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Just found out that my college roommate that invites me down to practice rounds each year actually scored players-gate passes (clubhouse, press row, etc.) for Sunday this year. I knew that he had tickets for Thursday, but had no idea he also made it to Sunday...and with that kind of pass. He said he was sitting at 10th green when Bubba's shot came flying out of no-where onto the green. He said he had never heard so many "holy shit"s. Haha.

The second-funniest part was when he said his wife kept getting "tired" so they had to make their way to the tent they were associated with so she could refresh with a mint julep.