Matt Simms Pro Day

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Mar 16, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've had two people tell me he got sacked at UT's pro day today.

What is ridiculously sad is I don't know if this is the joke or the truth and have to debate it.

What's sadder is that he started 10 games for us the last 2 years.

2. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. Tennessee football is truly terrible.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Did he trip?

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That would imply mobility.

So, no.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The real story here is this:

Matt Simms was allowed to participate in Pro Day.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is when the scouts ate lunch

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I thought that Crompdaddy would not even get a look in the NFL but he got drafted, so I would expect that anything is possible with qb's and the NFL.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

At least Crompton had some games where he looked good against competitive talent. I am struggling to remember a "good" Sims game. UTM comes to mind, but he was staring down receivers the whole time.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It seemed to me that in Dooley's first year Simms was better than Bad Crompton, because he seemed to make a play or 2 down field every game, and he really wasn't awful down at LSU. However the 2nd half of the year under Kiffin Crompton wasn't half bad at all.

10. I occasionally have days where I forget that Matt Simms was even a QB here at tennessee. I always ask my friends whenever he comes up: 2-8 as a starter. Has there ever been a worse QB at Tennessee who has started 10 games? Started 5?

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He didn't even play well in the two wins. If U freaking AB has the second worst kicker in the nation rather than the worst, he is 1-9 with the lone win coming against a non-FBS opponent.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No. CJ Leak and James Banks have the title worst starter for one game though.

Crompton looked awful at times, but he would still have a play or two per game that would give you a glimpse of what he could do. Simms never had that.

13. CardinalVol

One of the things often forgotten about the 2010 LSU game is that Gerald Jones was wide open down the seam with about 3 minutes left and if Simms puts any loft at all on that ball it's a TD and we win. Instead he hesitated, zipped it, and it was broken up by the safety.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I did forget about this game. Looking back, I find myself puzzled at how it ever came to be that close.

To be completely honest and confess that I may not be a VFL or a true fan, I missed the first half of that game due to hiking with the kids that morning. Since you can only get games on the radio with satellite here, I didn't even know the game was close until I called my wife on the way home. He was decent in that game.

Sims catches a lot of deserved grief for his quarterback skills, but his record would have been much better with a decent running game.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Or that his shoes are improperly tied.

16. CardinalVol

I missed this gem. Well done sir.