Meanwhile, Wes Rucker

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Feb 14, 2019.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Paste from TOS.

He is melting down before our eyes over his 19 year old girlfriend leaving him and he's made it a public event. This may go national it's just so bizarre..

@wesrucker247: For better or worse, a few years ago I realized I wasn't gonna have a ton of privacy, so here goes: I'm at least temporarily single again.

How about this:

I'm sure y'all have noticed I haven't been around as much the past few days. There's a reason for that.

A few years ago I gave up trying to have much of my life be a private thing — it's just easier for me, for some reasons people probably understand and some reasons some wouldn't understand — and I'm comfortable with that. Tough to really go to a movie or dinner these days without people coming up and saying hey, and that's fine, because I live in a place that's crazy about UT, and I've covered UT for a while, and people around here know the media. It's just how it goes. 99 percent of the time, it's great.

Times like this are when it's tough, because y'all know The Redhead well enough by now, and she and I are at least temporarily splitting up.

I'm mentioning this for a few reasons:

1) Y'all know her, and people will ask about her if she's not around. So this is easier.

2) The Redhead didn't do anything wrong. No one should be rude to her. She's a great person. If this is anyone's fault, it's mine — like 90 percent mine — and I wouldn't say that if it weren't true. She's still a member of the site and knows some of y'all on the board, and we're all a big happy family here in our community, and if she wants to be here, that won't be weird for anyone.

3) I don't think it's healthy for most people to keep things inside. That causes rage and problems and pain. Some of y'all have mentioned your problems on here in the past, and I think this board has helped many people with many of those problems. We're a family here, and that's what families do. I don't personally need a ton of help with this, because there's no personal animosity on either side, just two good people who agree almost all the time but have some things that will require time and space to think about. But a lot of people out there do need help, and if this board can help people in any way, I hope that me stepping out and being open about things will encourage them to do the same thing. This is a UT sports board, and it's not Dr. Freakin' Phil, but some threads here and there from someone wanting some advice or some prayers won't ever hurt anyone. On the flipside, they might really help someone who needs it.

4) I don't like being away from the board for too long without mentioning why. This board is the backbone of everything 247Sports and govols247 believe is great about our company, and it always has and always will come first. That means I don't have secrets. But I never really have secrets anyway, and I don't believe in them, so I don't care.

5) A lot of people think they would love our jobs, and some are young enough to consider joining the business. And the first thing I ever tell anyone who asks me for advice about this business if that it can and often is very, very difficult for the personal lives of you and many people around you. It's hard on families and friends. It really is. The hours and the sudden schedule changes and the travel and the inability to ever completely shut off your brain are tough, and many people can't do it. We're not martyrs. We're not doctors or military people or law enforcement offices saving lives, and we chose to be in this business. And we love love this business. But it's really challenging on a professional and personal level, and that challenge isn't for everyone, and people who want to do this need to know that. When most people are not working, you are working. And that doesn't change. And you have to understand that.

So here's the deal: I posted a story a few minutes ago, and I might post another one today. But I might not. I'm gonna go see my mom for a bit, and I need to go buy the sorts of things people need to buy when a lot of their stuff isn't theirs anymore — either for a while or for good, and I don't know what this it yet. And I need to fix my lawn mower and maybe buy a weedeater. I can't just sit at my laptop today. Usually I can. Today I can't. Just how it is.

This isn't a request for prayers or advice or anything like that. I'm OK. It's just something I wanted to write, and something that in many ways I felt like I was obligated to write.

Go Cubs. Go Beautiful Redheads. Go America.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

About that MOD title

Joseph Brant likes this.
  3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Float or somebody else that knows how to do things should create a Twitter bot that automatically posts that in response to every tweet he makes.

utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I really wish I was smart enough to do this

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A guy like Wes needs to go work a manual labor job

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Ok... I’m with Tenny now. Redheads are now ruined for me.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No need in belittling manual labor like that

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

See?!

Savage Orange likes this.
  9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The self-assumption of celebrity-like status, and the presumption that anyone follows him so closely as to recognize not only him, but that he’s missing some chick that he’s normally with, is a beautifully grand delusion.

I walked into the Boat Show Friday night, and right past John & Jimmie doing a live remote, and couldn’t have cared less. In fact, I felt a little tinge of sadness for them, because they were right at the immediate entrance - as soon as you walked in the door - and no one else gave any more of a shit than I did. Literally, zero people cared. Or even seemed to recognize their presence. Legit, a little sad. Print media is dead, and radio isn’t too far behind.

My point is that surely, more people know John and Jimmy, than Wes.

This is as damned close to Scroggins’ letter on the hilariously creepy scale as anything I’ve seen. It’s great, and awful. Painfully beautiful.

kptvol likes this.
  10. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Before lunch I would need to have a heart to heart and let him know that him on my job wasn't in anyone's best interest.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This. I bet he whistles too... which would lead to an ass whoopin’ should he not take the hint the first time.

justingroves likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The podcast is doing to radio what the internet did to print.

Just my opinion, and albeit at different speeds.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

For me podcast and live radio both have their place but print is definitely dead

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The Miami Herald used to have like 5 sections, with about 10-15 pages per section. Now the whole paper is usually less than 10 pages total. But my work still buys it, so I take a week's worth home every once in a while and use it to light my charcoal chimney

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I do the same with daily beacons

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My brother works for the News Sentinel in knoxville, and it is common practice at his office to look at the daily obituaries and go "another paying customer gone, another paying customer gone". Only old people still buy a news paper.

Tenacious D and kmf600 like this.
  17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The mistake they made was letting everything be free. No one wants to pay after it's free.

The sad thing is, local newspapers have a very valuable purpose in a society. But too many major media companies have killed them.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Think he means that Wes needs a reality check

justingroves likes this.
  19. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Think 53 means manual labor doesn’t want Rucker.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

After 20 minutes, he would be fired