Memphis Area OL Haul in 2020

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by GoVols2003, Jan 23, 2019.

1. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Raw.. didn't really start playing until this year. Recruiting blew up recently. Large human. With the OL haul we have coming in, he is one you would love to have take a RS and just get coached up on technique and in the weight room. He was a decent basketball player, so feet should be a plus.

2. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

Yea, I knew he had played basketball and had also seen as you said, that he is a large human. Just kinda figured that you had the best chance of seeing actual playing time with schools you get to see and all. Sounds like he would be a nice get for added depth especially being able possibly redshirt and work for a year in the strength program.

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I didn't see him in person this season. Should this upcoming season. His coached rave about him. Talked to one college guy who thought the jury was still out, but most seem to think there is a lot of upside there.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He got an offer today

5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Everyone in the country has offered this kid recently.

Only played football one year... lots of upside.

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

The 3 recruits at this school are on the move. So far, they have shown up at Central HS in Memphis. They would all be ineligible at that school next year. Morris will likely "move" elsewhere for next year.

Have it on good accord that all 3 are being heavy shopped outside of Memphis to try and gain eligibility. East of Memphis, down in Mississippi, etc.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would think he'd just go to a Mississippi high school and tell the TSSAA to go to hell

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Freedom Prep sounds like they are free to go to class or choose not to

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Well, their mission is to get them ready for college.

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Yeah.. weird deal... would have to get a legit address...so many schools know about it that it can’t be a fake

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

lived in memphis since before kindergarten (almost 45 years ago), and never in my life have heard of a "freedom prep" in the area.

??

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Man its only a couple of years old... part of the rise of these charter schools... I think ole Willie Herenton has been pushing a bunch of them. Several have failed.... This one compete in like 1A or 2A