Microsoft shoots self in [penis] again

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Volguy1971, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Well....seems that Target accidentally shipped some XBOne consoles out early. The people that received them hooked them up and downloaded software patch to play. People have been talking about how great the new XBone was. Upon realization of street date breach, Microsoft banned all accounts that were associated with the XBone until launch day.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I don't see the problem with this honestly.

3. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Considering that Sony had the same thing happen with a few of the Amazon pre-orders and basically said go have at it....It's just another piece of bad publicity against the XBone.

4. You left out the part about Major Nelson personally calling the guy that got banned to explain things and invite him to the xbone launch party they are throwing.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not really shooting themselves in the [penis]. This sort of thing has happened with different products and companies before. No one is getting screwed, they're just having to wait to use the product until the launch date.

6. VB

VB Member

Sounds like someone has an agenda and just wants to bash Microsoft. I mean, does this honestly make you that upset to make a thread proclaiming Microsoft shot themselves in the [penis]?

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Didn't y'all know Microsoft is the devil? My 50-something year old brother in law who lives with his parents said so.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A gaming agenda? Lmao.

9. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

No, I don't have any agenda against them as I have been a xbox player since launch.....It just seems that they can't do ANYTHING right when it comes to this generation.

10. WM

WM Active Member

Lots of overblown rabble since the E3 fiasco. They will be fine.
    My only concern is price point. Tons of Sony fanboys went to the BOX simply because it was cheaper and held them with superior online features and reliability. Tables have turned in that respect but jury is still out on online capabilities.
    If Sony has caught up to XBL, BOX will get slaughtered on price alone because no one gives two shits about Kinect.

11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Agreed. More about perception than outcome.

Gamers, in the typical age range, aren't all about the "big picture."

In non-related news, WoW updated character art. Time to renew?

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I had so much fun playing it after Mists came out, and I was a new player. Dunno if I will reup or not though

13. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Microsoft is attempting to curb foul language on Xbox live and have been suspending players.

Do they not realize that if you ban people for foul language, you're banning almost your entire player base?

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Wow, when I'm playing COD I cuss like a sailor to no one in particular.

15. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

It's not for cursing during gameplay but cursing when they upload videos to the studio to share online

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

17. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned