Might solve a mystery, or rewrite history (Butch is piece of Feces)

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Nov 21, 2017.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Folks in the know here say this is legit. Kevin Simon is a scout for the Failcons and the timeline fits with us chasing that plane to PDK so there is legitimacy to this. A lot of folks around here seem to know the OP but he apparently got banned from here. In any event, if the info is good, it's about to be fun to be a Vols fan again!

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sorry. I accidentally pasted the wrong link originally. But I completely agree with all this fwiw.

4. Savage Orange

If that original link is legit, it should be posted in every single thread on the whole site!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    A-Smith likes this.
  5. Savage Orange

Honestly, this revised link is no surprise at all to me. It makes me mad that this guy is walking out of here with a full buyout when (if there were any justice in the world) he should have been fired with cause and never allowed to coach again.

6. Savage Orange

I wonder if the Mack Crowder story will resurface.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’d say he and his family prefer to keep him out of the papers. That dude will have to try and rebuild his life some day.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  8. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Seems like they hushed that one up for good.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

[uck fay] Butch. But coaches aren't calling guys ussypays anymore in team meetings when they play soft?

syndicate likes this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think it went a good bit beyond that to just needlessly humiliating him in front of the team for an extended period of time. Couple that with reports that he repeatedly threatened players with putting them on scholarship probation or assassinating their characters with NFL scouts, and I doubt anyone would be real happy just having to sit there and be called a [ussy pay] without being able to do anything back.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I still wonder how we were headed for a top 10 class if all this was going on. Parents and kids would hear about it. Or maybe they blew it off.
    Actually I got no problem with a coach telling a loafing kid he will give his scholarship to the walkon busting his butt. What about the nfl scout deal?
    and again, [uck fay] butch.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Dirty laundry from a family rarely comes out until the divorce. Even family and friends don't know many times.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Butch wins 10-11 games a year and the SEC East like he should, compete heavy with Bama and we're probably not hearing about any of this, unfortunately. Of course, there's probably more to it then we know as well.

I'm with you in using certain things to motivate kids, but if he's punching players in the face and grabbing them by the throat, yeah, that wouldn't fly with my kid.

Ssmiff likes this.
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But Butch is such a nice man....

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't think you do this stuff and get the players to win 10-11 games a year for you. IMHO.

Maybe Saban does, but he drinks the blood of babies, too.

16. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

It's so cringeworthy when the orange fonters say that on VN.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You come out with something like that and 90% of the fans are going to say Helm is a terrible liar. I'm sure he received some threats about talking to media. And then, suppose one of the other guys in the room talks, maybe they are worried that Butch just assumes Helm is the leak and then he gets ruined for it.

Butch obviously was pretty good at keeping people in line. Never heard anything about Swain being mistreated. Heard very little about Antone until the bottom really fell out of this season.

There's a couple other pretty bad stories kind of floating around that I haven't really seen gain any traction.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also worth remembering that the Kiffin Lexus deal was mostly kept under wraps until he left. Didn't hear much about Dooley until after he left, either.

Even Jalen Hurd's momma was safe, until Jalen quit.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Nobody cares about pedophiles, even if Butch hits them.

20. Savage Orange

Wait, what?? I thought the pedo was the receiver guy that went into coaching.