Most overrated NBA player?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Every team has a best player, no matter how bad they are.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Rudy Gay imo. Frequently has games with more shot attempts than points.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Depends on what role they are asked to play for that team. Chris Bosh is a great example. he put up big numbers as a number one option on a non-contending team. he signs with Miami and now he doesn't even get plays ran for him.

I no longer believe that Kevin Love is a guy you can build around. He's a complimetary piece on a legit team, not "the guy". He's still a very good player that if in the right siuation, could be extremely valuable.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He and Joe Johnson will always be in that discussion as long as they are being paid max money. Nobody with half a brain thinks that either is a top tier player, so it's imposssible to say that either is overrated in that sense. They're overrated because two GM's made horrendous mistakes.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Rudy with another spectacular performance tonight. MVP type numbers.

3-15, 10 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, 4 turnovers

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

But they see their efficiency rise, which was my point. VKA was blasting Love for shooting 35%. If he played for the Clippers, I'd be willing to bet large amounts of money he'd be more efficient.

8. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

For the record, Griffin without CP3 shot 51% (as a rookie) and he is now shooting 53%.