My biggest fear with Fisher

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Dec 1, 2012.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Is that he would retain Sunseri. How catastrophic would that be?

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

My biggest fear with Fisher is that we'd hire him.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

beat me to it

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Fisher sucks.

5. dustin

dustin New Member

this guy why in the hell is his name even brought up? other then being a saban tadpole, what has he done? not a damn thing in the ACC! over-rated!If its not gruden and its fisher this dave hart guy, i mean really man.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Jimbo is a young..............

[​IMG]

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If we hire Fisher, I don't care what else happens. We won't be good either way.

8. Tar Volon

I do think Fisher would recruit well enough to actually get the roster where it needs to be (basically, what people said Dooley would do but he didn't). As far as winning championships? Nope. Give me Strong. He's lost half the games Fisher has as DD favorites.

9. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I don't want another [dadgum] sabanite on our sidelines!

10. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

...keeping Sal?

If there was ever a click I wish I could take back.

11. Tar Volon

We do have a proven strategy for getting rid of scary coaching candidates. 70-33.

Coach Johnson, it's in your hands now. You know what to do.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'm not convinced he would recruit well enough here. Better than Dooley? Absolutely, but this is not FL or LA. Maybe he would be a dynamic recruiter here, if so that is likely all he would be. He'd have to win by out-talenting teams; he's an average coach beyond that. So do you hire him because you're confident he will recruit here like he has at FSU? Even if he does it is mighty tough to out-talent teams in this league. Better coach than Dooley, but a failure waiting to happen.

13. Tar Volon

Being at FSU certainly makes it easier, but it's not like it's impossible to recruit Tennessee. I'm pretty sure he'd deliver top ten classes. Maybe not top five.

That said, I'm pretty firmly on the anti-Jimbo train, for all the reasons you give.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I want to clarify that I am not in the group that thinks it's this impossible task to recruit to UT; in fact, I think the school does a great job recruiting itself. I simply wonder if recruiting to FSU somewhat exaggerates his recruiting ability. I could be way off on that but think it is dangerous to assume that recruiting carries over.